TN- NV Champagne Goutorbe Brut Rose

This was opened right from the fridge as an aperitif the other night.

-NV Champagne Goutorbe Brut Rose
At first, very reticent despite its lovely light salmon color. The nose offers hints of roses and some light red fruits and berries, but not much else. As it sits in the glass (a white wine stem, BTW) it opened up and softened, unfolding lovely red flowery aromas backed by nice red berries and some chalkiness. Some yeastiness showed up on the back, but it was really well-balanced out with the fruit up front, ending with a long and fruity finish. Yum!

This was my first Goutorbe and if this is any indication of the house’s quality, it won’t be my last.

Thanks for the Note Michel. I like their regular NV quite a bit. I’m hoping to try the rose and vintage wines next.

I’ll look for the Brut, this Rose was quite nice.

Haven’t had (or seen) the rose or the nv, but I was turned on to the 2000 Special Club Goutorbe by a very knowledgeable local retailer. In a word - GRRRREAAAT! (with apologies to Tony (the tiger)).

and Kellogg’s.

Have not tried the NV Goutorbes yet as I was spoiled early on by the 2002 Special Club, which is fantastic!

I’m +everything in this thread. The 02 Special Club is a GREAT Specual Club. The Rose competes with Billiot and Soutiran. And the Black Label NV is great QPR Pinot-based Champagne.

Thanks for the note as I recently picked up a few on a recommendation and the price was nice, I will have to pop one soon…

Woodland Hills has it for $46.99

Leah, that’s about what I paid here in NYC at Acker. Well worth it IMHO.

Thanks for the notes I’ll check out the Rose
I am still waiting for My 02 special club
from Premier Cru… although that I will cellar a while!

Goutorbe has a nice lineup of his wines. I visited his estate two years ago and stayed at the hotel the family runs in Ay. Ever since I have been buying and a fan of the Goutorbe wines. The rose is nice but the Special Club in 2000 and 2002 is certainly special.

NV Henri Goutorbe Champagne Grand Cru Brut Rosé - France, Champagne, Champagne Grand Cru (2/9/2020)
– popped and poured –
– tasted non-blind over a couple hours –

NOSE: light yeast; high-toned strawberries; simple/straightforward, but pleasant.

BODY: rich orange-pink color; light bodied.

TASTE: not too sweet; “winey” — typical Rosé flavors; distinct strawberry jam flavor; dry; moderately airy — fairly light; really solid at $35.