Brentwood East Coast Blitz Auction- For real?

I’m trying to find the gimmick here, but I don’t seem like I’m spotting one. This auction hammers in 23hrs and the starting bid for most of these lots is $2. These ship from the DC side of Brentwood/Benchmark.

Does someone else see something here I’m missing? Are these wines really gonna go for like $16+20%?

I don’t think you are missing anything. I scrolled through the first 30 lots and most of it was unrecognizable stuff. If you want drinker deals, this look like a decent place to put your money. I wouldn’t overpay for anything though.

Honestly, they are doing what I think most auction houses should be doing with wines of this caliber- making sure it sells and finds a new home. When you have to offer this stuff over and over again, it’s costly.

20% buyers premium, plus shipping (which can be exorbitant) plus tax, might drives up final prices past bargain rates

Looked it over, mostly older vintages (circa 1990’s), and not top stuff…bargain hunters with a penchant for risk and old musty vino may enjoy…any known brands/ratings are getting bid up quickly. I’ll pass…

1 Like

Lol, I found an unexpected diamond. A few solid lots in there as well, mainly Italian. Most were as described above, however.

same

Soldera '01 for $800 delivered, not bad for whoever won

Fiorano whites were interesting

Apparently, they blew through those estimates :sweat_smile:. Still good pickups compared to retail, it seems