Extra Dimensional Wine Co. Yeah! 2022 Release

Hardy and Kate are releasing 4-5 new wines in the next couple of weeks for their Aug release (Starts 8/16). When Extra Dimensional Wine Co Yeah kicked off I wondered in what direction they’d go- I think the answer is everywhere! Lots of blends across regions, etc.

I thought I’d post them and the blend compositions because I have no idea what to expect from most of them! What should I look for in a Santa Cruz Merlot? Etc! Etc!

2021 YEAH! CAMP #1
EXTRA SPECIAL RED WINE

Santa Cruz, Monterey, and Contra Costa Counties

49 Cases
$55 Per Bottle
13% ABV
50% Santa Cruz Mountains Merlot, 15% Brosseau Vineyard Grenache, 8% Del Barba Old Vine Mourvèdre, 28% Brosseau Vineyard Chenin Blanc.

2021 BROSSEAU VINEYARD CHARDONAY
CHALONE AVA, MONTEREY COUNTY

49 Cases
$47 Per Bottle
12.5% ABV
DRINK NOW-2028
90% Brosseau Vineyard Chardonnay, 10% Brosseau Vineyard Chenin Blanc

2021 LOCAL ELECTION RED
RED WINE BLEND CALIFORNIA
Sonoma, Monterey, Contra Costa, Napa Counties

90 Cases Produced
$42 Per Bottle
13% ABV
DRINK NOW - 2029
30% Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel, 22% Brosseau Vineyard Grenache, 22% Brosseau Vineyard Chenin Blanc, 20% Del Barba Mourvèdre, 6% Wild Horse Valley Chardonnay

2021 MIGHTY HIGH RED WINE BLEND
MOURVÈDRE, CARIGNANE, PRIMITIVO
CONTRA COSTA, MENDOCINO, SONOMA COUNTIES

100 Cases
$47 Per Bottle
13.2% ABV
DRINK NOW-2032
53% Del Barba Old Vine Mourvèdre, 26% Rosewood Old Vine Carignane, 21% Sonoma Valley Primitivo

3 Likes

Thanks Tom,

We look forward to getting these wines out to everyone.

The main release is Friday 8/19. All the wines with the exception of the 2021 Yeah! Camp wine will be offered that day.

Kate and I are thrilled with these.

To help people get an idea of these.

Astral Plane is stunning Mourvèdre 50/50 Evangelho and Del Barba. (It is one of my favorite Mourvèdre I have ever produced). It has a dark flavor profile (almost like Enz) and the bright light and softer tannins of Evangelho.

Local Election is fresh red fruited yet has the perfect old vine wrapper around it (light w/ depth).

The 2021 Mighty High is a gorgeous blend of old vine Mourvèdre, old vine Carignane, and own rooted, dry farmed Primitivo. The Carignane and Primitivo add great acid and tone to the dark Mourvèdre flavors.

2021 Brosseau Chardonnay is a mineral bomb! It is actually 90/10 Brosseau Chard and Brosseau Chenin (we needed to top a partial barrel with Chenin) and the result is beautiful bright rocks. Geeky and great.

If anyone has questions on the release- Kate and I can be best reached at yeah@winecoyeah.com

Thanks!
Hardy

5 Likes

In for some of all of the reds, maxed out the yeah wine and the astral plane

1 Like

Ordered some of all the wine. Not sure what to expect, but very intrigued. Considering having some peeps over & opening one of each when they arrive to figure it out!

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, will the names of these wines repeat year over year? or are each of these basically their own monster with its own name that we won’t likely see on a regular basis?

2 Likes

How have you ordered? Isn’t the release on Friday 8/19? Or is there staggered releases for different customers/wiones?

I’ve been buying more with each release. Not only are the wines fantastic, the “sale” on them is awesome. I’ve already shared a bunch of the Vimeo videos with friends and gotten them excited about the wines. We’ll probably have a tasting session soon.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Thank you! With the Local Election and the Mighty High you can expect that they will be in a relative universe to wines like the After Midnight and Hold Me Tight wines from last year. They fit that profile of bright fresh red fruit yet w/ polish and depth. The Local Election is the lighter wine the Mighty High has a bit more weight and more tannin (without being astringent).

Brosseau Chard has an almost inverse Full King Crab feel. Bright and mineral, with just a touch of Chenin character.

The Yeah! Camp #1 … The best way I can describe it is like a perfectly ripe Flavor King Pluot. Merlot brings in the plum, the Chenin an almost apricot profile and the grenache and Mourvèdre provide some extra structure and weight. It smells outrageously awesome, has bright acidity in that pluot like profile, and is supported by super fine tannin. I love it.

Unless the blend compositions are close enough to prior vintages, we will give the non-vineyard designates unique names every year. (There is a Chendawg II coming and most likely, a Summer-Salters II).

We look forward to sharing these with everyone on Friday!

Hey Rick,
It is an early tier (Yeah Camp!) for some of us that bought in when they first started ExtraD.

Cool… yeah, I think I missed the first offering.

1 Like

Thank you, Rick! We appreciate the support and also sharing the videos and the wines. We have a good time putting those together.

Vimeo: Extradimensional Wine CO. Yeah!

1 Like

In for a 6-pack of Yeah! :cheers:

3 Likes

Mixed case of the three reds - 4 each.

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

Thank you, David!

We are already close to sold out of Astral Plane Old Vine Mourvèdre (50% Evangelho and 50% Del Barba) - If you were thinking of grabbing some, don’t wait too long on that one. It is one of the best I’ve made.

2 Likes

Glad I got in early for 3 on the Astral

3 Likes

Have to try a few of each, of course. I love you and I curse you Hardy! ; )

2 Likes

In for a case within 5 minutes of the offer opening:

4 x 2021 MIGHTY HIGH
3 x 2021 LOCAL ELECTION
3 x 2021 ASTRAL PLANE OLD VINE MOURVÈDRE
2 x 2021 BROSSEAU CHARDONNAY

Wish I had more storage available as I would have taken more… not even sure where I’ll put these.

1 Like

How does one buy the Yeah camp 1 wine? I bought 1 of each of the release for couch tour

1 Like

Order in! Kate is the best…she was able to add more to my initial order.

Cheers,
JP

1 Like

Yeah! for 6 new plus two more of the Full King Crab

2 Likes

Out of space here but added four - can never turn down Yeah!

1 Like