Trader Joe's Wine closes it's only NYS location

Assuming they plan to continue to operate in NYS, my guess is that they open a megastore somewhere in Westchester or LI, with delivery options. Maybe even with pick up at regular TJ locations, assuming their lawyers can find a way to make that happen. Whatever they do, I’m sure that Total Wine will be watching closely.

It’s only New York wine store, right? There are still regular Trader Joe’s I think.

1 Like

Even royalty shopped there.
7D875E55-E30D-454E-865D-32A8C180CC0B.jpeg

Yes

We had a Trader Joe’s next to a Total Wine and that parking lot was a mess so Total Moved across the strip mall and is now easier access. Honestly have not bought a wine at Trader Joe’s in 15 years. Any good one’s I should try?

Only good for one day, so don’t bother.

2 Likes

Sounds like terrible wine without any aging potential Tom. No wonder I have not bought any in 15 years.

1 Like

Trader Joe’s parking lots are this strange land where liberal/progressive/EV’d up/tenured faculty/tree huggers all turn into a savage vanguard of Putin’s orcs* intent on fighting for a plot 9x19 asphalt, before a rightful reward of Organic Chili Flavored Dried Mango Slices.

• Geneva Conventions do not cover TJ’s tarmac
2 Likes

Each store is different. They sell mostly bottles under $20 for daily drinking. Usually solid, nothing mind-blowing, but I’ve never bought a bottle there I didn’t like. It’s not targeting the wine geek - it’s targeting the casual buyer who wants a thoughtful, yet small, selection.

Title is misleading as there are quite a few Trader Joe’s in New York State. You ought to amend to “Wine Shop”, as people might get the wrong idea of this popular market.

Wow. Have a bad day shopping? [wow.gif]

We have so many good independent stores in MN so no surprise I have not bought from them. Believe it or not some of the shops in MN have the best wine searcher price on good wines under $30.

Most, but not all, of Trader Joe wines come from a single source, Bronco Wine Company. A huge, bulk wine producer.

1 Like

They are terrible! I have never thought much of Trader Joe’s and now this confirms it.

1 Like

That’s the TJ label wines. Most of the wines they stock are not TJ label.

Honestly I have priced wines in the MN market and unless things have changed Trader Joe’s was never the best price in town.

Apparently, conservatives don’t shop there? I never thought that a discussion about the only TJ wine store would spark an ad hominem political attack on its customers. But, then again, internet.

It’s not at all about price. It’s about a casual shopper who wants to pick up a bottle under $20 that’s gonna be pretty good, similar to the other products in their store, which are all pretty good. You, clearly, are not the target customer.

Bronco wines has dozens of labels.

No doubt about the casual shopper. They will spend $15 for a beer at the ball game but look for a bargain wine for a Tuesday at Trader Joe’s.