Flor of Evangelho

Anyone else jumping on this release from Jake of Bedrock? Morgan and Chris have definitely been excited about it for a long time it seems like if the podcasts are a gauge.

ttps://www.solerasdelpacifico.com/

2 Likes

Tell us more, please. Do you have a link?

It’s Jake Neustadt’s sherry project from ancient vine palomino from Evangelho. Solera dates to 2017.

Real California Sherry, but without all the chalk.
Where have you been?!

passion project for Jake, assistant winemaker from Bedrock. traditionally made sherry style wine from California palomino.

Just signed up, sounds awesome

this is especially the time that i think our shipping laws are pretty annoying though.

for people who order from Bedrock, Under the Wire, Desire Line, and Soleras del Pacifico, thats four wines all made in the same facility basically by the same people that all have to legally have separate shipment payments and separate shipment boxes. that… is pretty annoying.

2 Likes

Just signed up. I’m a big sherry fan so I can’t wait to try this Californian fino.

A few details Soleras del Pacificos were shared on the “Contra Costa Wine Heritage” thread in February.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChJC91aLPV7/

Viticulturalist Mr Jake Neustadt has hosted several Bedrock Wine Co. YouTube videos about farming the “Evangelho Vyd”. He has played a pivotal role in improving vine health and winegrape quality during extended, severe drought conditions.

I hope to reach out to him (and others) once the initial chaos of harvest and cellar work have passed.

Producing solera-style wines is complicated, and is increasingly rare in California today. I admire the boldness of his vision.

Soleras del Pacifico website:

Soleras del Pacifico Instagram page:

2 Likes

Man, am I glad that this thread was created. Otherwise, I would have missed the email announcement from yesterday!

Save The Date
SOLERAS DEL PACIFICO First Release
Thursday, August 18th - 9:00AM PST”
"We are happy to announce the date of our very first Soleras del Pacifico release, which will open the morning of Thursday, August 18th at 9am PST. At that time, you will receive an email with a link to the purchase page. The release will be first-come, first-served, and will end the following Tuesday, August 25th, or when we run out of wine to sell.

"We are releasing the first bottling of The Flor of Evangelho: an unfiltered, Fino-style Palomino made from the ‘Evangelho Vineyard’ in Contra Costa County. The first bottlings from this solera is extremely small, so we are limiting customers to no more than 3 bottles. More info on the wine to come next week.

"This project dates back to 2017, so it is difficult to express how exciting it is to finally share this wine with the world.

"Please reach out if you have any questions before the release day, we’d love to hear from you!

-Jake and Ellen"

Love Evengelho. Sherry, not so much Yet still intrigued

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat but decided that if I didn’t like Sherry, the odds weren’t great I’d like this… save the bottles for someone who would, and save some space in my cellar.

1 Like

Was anyone able to order this? When I try to go to the site there is none. It appears to be down. Am I missing something?

I received an email yesterday stating that the release has been postponed due to technical difficulties on the website.

3 Likes

got an email that the release was postponed with a new date being announced sometime next week. website technical issues was the reason given

1 Like

I was somehow able to place an order the other day.

1 Like

I just listened to the February 4, 2022, interview of Mr Jake Neustadt talking about his about his Soleras del Pacifico project on The Wine Makers pocast (Radio Misfits).

Link: https://podcastaddict.com/episode/135013370

Release is mañana

1 Like

Live now!

Ordered mine. For reference it was $50 per bottle and $25 shipping for me.

2 Likes