Saxum - First time offering

Just got my first offer of Saxum…I have been on the waiting list for a while now.

4 x 2020 Broken Stones @$132

Worth the purchase? I cannot recall the last time I have had it.

Thoughts?

yep. take it and thank me later.

Me too! I have been on the waiting list for 6 years and just got my first allocation. Unfortunately with the big price increase they are out of my price range.

Me three… Got my first allocation today as well.

Sound like fantastic wines. I am intrigued, but on the fence. Too many fantastic wines!

My exp with Broken Stones as a Saxum buyer:
2010 Broken stones was my first Saxum allocation years ago. Ordered 5 bottles. Opened one 3 months after receiving in 2013 (?), and I semi-choked my way through the bottle. It was rich, extracted, hot, and going in a million directions. Powerful for sure, but not harmonious to my palate, the wine was fighting itself. I know some love Saxums early, but I’m not one of them.
I tried another bottle 2 years later with 3 hr decant. At that point, I thought it might eventually be a nice wine, but had already reduced my Broken Stones purchases to one or none bottles per year.
Fast forward to last fall (2021). Brought a 2010 Broken Stones to a BBQ get-together with some wine savy friends. The 11 yo Broken Stones had become a beautiful wine (for my palate). Was the easy Wine Of The Nite.

TL/DR: Hide them away, they’re beautiful if you’re willing to wait on them.

About a 5-yr wait on the list. Allocated 4 bottles of Broken Stones, and able to wishlist Heart Stone & Hexe. Love these wines, so probably ordering 4-6 bottles.

The jump from $98 to $132 is a bit much. I just got allocated and will be passing.

2 Likes

In - ordered 3 Broken Stones! Stoked to finally make the list.

1 Like

FYI - all are showing up “sold out” as of this morning

First time offer for me too. Split my allotment of 4 Broken Stones with a friend and just got my wishlist Hexe. Now I’ll try to keep my hand off them for a few years…

My first year and ordered the 4 Broken Stones. I wishlisted some but never heard back…I assume I didn’t get any?

1 Like

You are all welcome. I passed on my allocation after buying for years. The pricing made me hesitate and when I hesitate, my wife always says it’s for a good reason.