TN: 2013 Tercero Grenache Larner Vineyard

• 2013 Tercero Grenache Larner Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (8/9/2022)
    Dayum! Wonderful nose of dried rose petals and fig. Strawberry preserves, cedar, blood orange thread seamlessly to a fairly grippy finish. The acidity is spot on. The extended elevage softened the palate nicely. This is so enjoyable. What a tremendous Grenache, well done!

Posted from CellarTracker

5 Likes

Thanks for the tasting note, Brian!!

This sounds like an absolutely beautiful wine.

Brian,

Thanks for the notes and beautiful picture - I may have to use that one in the future!

I really dig this vineyard for Grenache and feel that one can make a grenache that expresses what I love about the variety from there - elegance, delicateness and power. The sandy soils, the coolish climate and the 362 clone combine to make something magical each year - well, at least I think so.

And yep, this is 100% whole cluster and so by having it in older FR oak for nearly 3 years and now that it’s been in bottle for 6, it has mellowed but is really singing - and to me, has quite a long life still ahead for it . . .

Cheers.

4 Likes

All of Larry’s wines are flat out delicious and always interesting. We just plowed through almost all of a mixed case over the last few months. I think the Cinsault might be my favorite although the Grenaches are great too.

Someone should start a Tercero thread: What Tercero wine are you drinking?