2022 Kinsman Eades release (8/2022, 2019 vintage)

Anyone know the price on release this go around? I imagine it being higher around $300+/btl.

Thank you

3 Likes

I received the Save the Date email, but is that indicative of an offer? Joined the list back in January…

I’m a “past buyer” and they have sold out during their early access period so I assume that may happen again. That being said the Napa prices are skyrocketing and more and more people are dropping lists. Maybe you’ll get lucky.

3 Likes

2019 Anjea - $265 per bottle ($795 per 3pk); $630 per 1.5L magnum

2019 Rhadamanthus - $285 per bottle ($855 per 3pk); $670 per 1.5L magnum

Not sure about the 3L as I did not purchase any.

Got the save the date also. Hopefully good news

1 Like

My #1 favorite release of the year. Really special wines and Shae and Nigel seem like genuinely good people.

Established a standing order with them to minimize the stress of ordering on release day. I betcha it sells out in less than hour. If you get a chance to buy, do it quickly! :grimacing:

Huge credit to this community/Dustin Mowe, for tipping off this winery 4 years ago in the “Next Macdonald” thread. To me, that is one of the most valuable threads I’ve ever stumbled onto……

The next Kinsman “regular release” will be in 2024.
Including VHR! First come first served to all active members.

1 Like

Totally agree! And standing order is for sure the move, as I can’t imagine myself dropping this list anytime soon.

And YES…so pumped to hopefully get some of that VHR!

Has anyone done a side-by-side tasting of Kinsman and Bella Oaks? Would be interested to learn about any similarities and differences. I opened a 2018 Bella Oaks the other day and was blown away by the elegance and freshness, qualities I don’t typically associate with Napa cab. Cheers!

3 Likes

That’s what’s great about this community and it’s nice that we have locals who are ITB that contribute.

2 Likes

I think the ‘Save the Date’ went out to everyone, as it still mentions those ‘waiting in the wings’.

1 Like

Also received the “save the date” email. FWIW- I got their save the date last year after signing up earlier in 2021, but never received an offer because all wine sold out before getting to my spot/tier on the mailing list.

Can you give me more info on this? Is this a future Kinsman Eades wine from VHR grapes?

Yes, they have posted about it on their Instagram and I believe a few customers have already posted some barrel tasting notes on Cellar Tracker.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUqBjfoJWs0/

2 Likes

The standing order is really convenient. Between K.E. and Fingers Crossed I’m really trying to cut myself off for the rest of 2022.
There will be 2 SBC syrahs, guessing released in 2023. Bien Nacido and White Hawk.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I had no idea about this. I’ve tasted a lot of Oakville wine but never a bottle from VHR vineyard. In the last week purchased a couple examples and am excited to try them out.

1 Like

VHR is one of my absolute favorite vineyards. Nigel is going to do some wonderful things with that fruit. Curious if they have selected specific blocks or what arrangement was worked out. Either way, it’ll be fantastic. My pocketbook, however, will be bracing itself. :rofl:

2 Likes

Joined January 2021 and hoping I make this cut this time!

Excited for this release. The wines are amazing.

4 Likes

Historically anyone willing to post the go live time? Noon EST? I work nights so miss most go-lives.

1 Like

In for my 3 pack of each and a mag of the Anjea…sounds like things went quick