Domaine Drouhin Oregon Acquires Methven Family Vineyards

Obviously a little biased here having a vineyard in Eola-Amity Hills but this could potentially be a great thing for the AVA.

2 Likes

Very good for the AVA. DDO will be great neighbors.

I’m a fan of Drouhin, but I’m curious at this reaction. Why is this good for the AVA? If I understand correctly the Drouhins already own a big property there (Roserock).

1 Like

I would presume they purchased the property for additional winery space (since there is not a winery at Roserock) and fruit for their Cloudline brand.

Probably less good for all the dudes and bros that make wine at that place.

1 Like

They can start a co-op somewhere.

Wow I was driving by there yesterday wondering what’s going to happen. Ok then!

I’ve already been contacted by a former tenant inquiring about space. People be scrambling.

I believe you, It’s August. In the old days I’d be running, prepping and checking out all my harvest equipment right now. Hard scramble for sure.

Wow yeah tough time of the year to be finding space. Wish I had options!

Walnut City is for sale… $1M.

Edit: just the building, not their vineyards. Not my listing either, but… let me know if you want to look and I’ll arrange it.

In the old days of 2014 and 2105 :wink:

This year is more of a 2010 or 2012. Frost affected is likely to be Oct. 1 and Temperance Hill is likely to be Oct. 15th, if weather stays warm.

But it’s late to need to be looking for space for sure. That’s two facilities this year (Lingua Franca also uninvited all of the custom crush clients when Constellation bought LF).

Ha! 2019 was my last tidy of the Bucher, Delta and Deano. Having a big boat is kinda similar, but never covered in sugar…

Last I checked Andante in the Van Duzer AVA still had some CC space.