TN: Vilmart 2012 Coeur de Cuvée

Second time with this wine and relatively consistent. Disgorged April 2019. This is a young wine, with tart citrus fruit, light depth of flavors, just a slight bit of brioche, a fine mousse, but not near maturity. On night one it was very tight and it did not show enough depth. It was still enjoyable and went well with a thin crust pizza from the grill.
13A5D1E7-BBB6-4E33-9B34-2F267BD61F35.jpeg
E66FB510-52BB-4134-8500-C00BAE856416.jpeg
[attachment=1]E66FB510-52BB-4134-8500

On night two it was definitely showing much more. Not nearly such a tart fruity wine, it was now a richer deeper wine, with nice wheatbread flavors, and a richer long finish.

Unfortunately I only have a few of these, but it seems patience is needed. Still one of the finest I have tried from Vilmart.

Thank you for posting the note. These wines are my joy of Champagne. I don’t get these into a second night as they get drained.

We had the 2013 eariler. Just gorgeous. And the 2013 Emotion too, which was also fantastic.

I’m always surprised this doesn’t get more hype. The ‘08 is insane. The ‘10 is way better than it should be for the vintage. And the ‘13, while young, is gonna be a beauty. I haven’t had the ‘12.

I think the 12 needs time to integrate, unlike the 08 which seemed ready to drink on release and has always been wonderful.

Weird. Had a bottle last night. Delicious. Lemony and with a slight biscuit note but not so much as to be heavy handed or distracting. Quite delicious.

Here are my two most recent notes on both 12 and 13. Perhaps the 12 a bit richer, but both vintages for me show an intensity and energy that makes this cuvee for me one of the best wines in the region. Why this cuvee stays under the radar, affordable and still available really surprises me and yet I am glad it seems to stay out of the spotlight.

• 2013 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Coeur de Cuvée - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru (8/7/2022)
    December 2020 disgorgement. 80% Chard, 20% Pinot Noir. Damn, this bottle was lights out good, showing the same power and acidity as the one we had 4 weeks ago. The cut of lemon is brilliant, electric. Yeah, the usual tangerine and some fresh cut green apple, too. But what stands out for this vintage of CdC is the delineation and the freshness that transmits through the wine. Gorgeous.
  • 2012 Vilmart & Cie Champagne Premier Cru Coeur de Cuvée - France, Champagne, Champagne Premier Cru (7/2/2022)
    March 2019 disgorgement. Tangy with spicy yellow apple with a rockier tension and zestiness. The citrus here is very prominent with tangerine as usual but more grapefruit. Finishes with lime and rock. With lots of air and the chill gone, this richens yet the chalky/slate note persists. If you drink now, let this breathe. Of note, we had next to the 2013 which is more accessible.

Posted from CellarTracker

The 2013 CdC and Emotion served together was impressive. Obviously different styles but superb quality.

I love vilmart.

In addition, the ‘09 is drinking extremely well. Have no idea whether it’ll make old bones, but still wish I had more than one left.

Bought two and I was so impressed with the first one the second one was gone relatively soon. Reloaded with a six pack for the cellar. PSA: Woodland Hills Wine Company has the 2010 for $135, four bottles left as of this morning.

On night two it was definitely showing much more. Not nearly such a tart fruity wine, it was now a richer deeper wine, with nice wheatbread flavors, and a richer long finish.

I got respect for that!!! champagne.gif

I picked up a bottle of the 2010 recently, will keep an eye out for the '13

Great minds; I had the ‘06 last night.

I wish! I went to a friend’s place and he opened it. I had nothing to do with it all except drink it.