TNs: Veyder Malberg Liebedich '14 and '15

• 2014 Veyder-Malberg Grüner Veltliner Liebedich - Austria, Niederösterreich, Wachau (6/20/2022)
    Stelvin closure:
    Pop and pour. Drunk over several hours.
    Limpid golden in color. A stony nose with tarragon, green pea, grapefruit pith, and cooling herbal notes. On the palate, to steal a term from Jeremy, this is about geologic matter. Fresh, lithe and detailed. Texturally like something in between a Saar kabinett and a fresh styled Muscadet. Filigree fine and focused. Many would call the austere, but I love its detail and restraint. Focused yet mulitfaceted, but there are no sharp edges. Everything is really well balanced in context of the vintage. Lovely, graceful wine. At peak with time in hand, that said I can’t really think of a reason other than academic ones to hold. (91 pts.)
  • 2015 Veyder-Malberg Grüner Veltliner Liebedich - Austria, Niederösterreich, Wachau (4/5/2022)
    A bright, stony and fresh nose with green pea, citrus pith, a little sweet tart and white flowers. Lithe and graceful on the palate with fine texture. This is like drinking fresh cold water form a stream. Very pretty, graceful, refreshing wine. Weightless effortless beauty. Lovely. 92 (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I love his understated style of wine. Thanks for reading