Winefluencers - Best IG follows?

Recent ask from a non-wine geek friend of mine - who are some good profiles to follow on Instagram for wine knowledge or just cool pics/info (but please no pontificating…no one needs that in their life)? I’m not all that active on the social medias so hoping others have a better handle on the current scene.

1 Like

Our very own Charlie Fu. @Clayfu.wine

But what do I know. I’m #NoIGMatt

[wow.gif]

4 Likes

Clayfu.Wine
BurgundyTonight
Taiwine
DancingEllen
WGFKelly
GrapeChic (my friend)
Thatcherbakerbriggs
Daniel_wine

2 Likes

englishmans_claret
burgnut88
wineprn
attorneysomm
kristaps_karklins
gramercywine_ny
la_romanee_

5 Likes

My favorite overall wine and music account

And another fun German focused follow:

2 Likes

Thanks! Just checked this out. Fire side chats! Didn’t know Charlie lost his legs, thought he was a bike enthusiast so I hope there wasn’t an accident…or is that the green screen effect? Probably showing my social media ignorance. Either way much appreciated!

2 Likes

wine1percent

Stephen does rub some the wrong way, but he has great palate, unique reviews and isn’t a sycophant - he will call out bad wines no matter who makes them.

1 Like

Go for the wine notes, stay for the “wine after dark” piano music.

2 Likes

I didn’t want to bring up the music aspect…assumed the music was related to royalty issues?

If he’s looking for a “wine after dark” experience, I think I know a guy in the DC area that specializes after dark.

How about your own account? Some great content there.

5 Likes

My buddy Hans, although he hasn’t been posting as much during Covid

Miss Hans, haven’t seen him in a few years now!

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning!

Or . . .he will call out wines he deems not worthy of his palate . . . [soap.gif]

Cheers

1 Like

Same, been 3 years. Had an epic series of wine dinners with him and Bigg from Bangkok in Hong Kong in 2019. Hopefully HKG will open back up without quarantine and I can go visit.

This guy is routinely drinking 100 year old DRC and other crazy trophies. Worth a look

3 Likes

I followed him for a while but every wine was always good or great if the label is the right one. Not very informative.

1 Like

I’m not on IG but like checking out Hardy’s content at ExtraDimensional Wine Co Yeah! Cool videos describing wines & unique pix.

2 Likes

I also follow GrapeChic, and have purchased wine from her. Her content is interesting and entertaining but I feel that she is geared more toward the newbie. That being said, since she is working for Ch Pommard, she can get her hands on some good juice that some retailers cannot obtain. Not sure how the pricing compares though.