Update-Canceling a Order-Napa Cab

Due to health reasons (doctor’s orders) , I need to give up alcohol (not a big deal). I am sitting with more wine than needed, and I do have a pending small order with an established Napa winery that is scheduled to ship in the fall-the order was placed in 2021 .

This winery says their offer is sold out , and they do sell through retail and restaurants as well.

I am going to ask them, and don’t expect them to say yes, but just curious if any of you have attempted to cancel such an order? And what was the outcome ?

Flame away, if so desired !!!

I have cancelled orders, sometimes I just got a credit sometimes there was a restocking fee.

Get well soon!

I would think sharing your circumstances will be more than enough reason to grant your request.

That’s about the best reason I think you could have, so I would have no reservations about asking. Maybe offer to pay the reversal fees or keep one bottle for charity or something.

Hope your situation resolves quickly.

That’s about the best reason I think you could have, so I would have no reservations about asking. Maybe offer to pay the charge/reversal fees or to keep one bottle for their charity or something.

Hope your situation resolves quickly.

Another option would be to sell the order on Commerce Corner and just change the shipping address to whomever buys it from you. That might be your best alternative if they won’t cancel the order.

Either way, sorry to hear about your health issue.

1 Like

Thx all. Keep ‘em comin.

If someone emailed me with the original post, hell yeah I’d refund. I probably would regardless tbh. Life’s too short. On the other hand, if they refuse I’d just chalk it up to bad luck. Hope your health issue works out.

1 Like

I have never been in that situation, but offer you best wishes for good health, Bruce. And please keep posting in the NHL Thread!!

Ed

1 Like

Is your abstention situation temporary or permanent?

Stay!

As they say: You can take the wine out of a Berserker….

Bruce - I truly wish you the best with your health. I can’t imagine that a winery would not understand your circumstances, especially one that sold out and can easily re-sell your wine to someone else.

Hopefully unnecessary, but an excellent idea.

Best wishes for your health and that this is a temporary blip!

Bruce - what was the response?

1 Like

I just sent the email today. Requested a refund. If refund not possible, I suggested using it for a charity or auction, or some other use that would benefit society. It is not a high end wine (relatively speaking in terms of relative $ for Napa cab). Will post again once I get a response .

Thanks all for your input.

No response so far .

What wine is it? I’m sure someone here would be willing to take it from you at your cost (if not more).

Update. Winery (Lewelling) issuing me a refund.

3 Likes

They’re wonderful.
Hope your health problems improve.
[cheers.gif]