Great Burgs: Raveneau, Lafon, Lambrays, Dujac, DRC

Monthly small group. Wonderful dinner at The Fig Tree. Service was perfect.

2009 Veuve Fourny & Fils Cuvee du Clos Notre Dame Brut 1er
First for me. BdB. Quite dry. Great depth and minerality. Very refreshing on the finish.

2011 Raveneau Butteau Chablis 1er
Typical Butteaux richness. Salty mineral finish. Lovely.

2013 Raveneau Butteau Chablis 1er
Significantly richer, rounder and more fruit driven than the 2011. Still lots of mineral on the finish. These were fun to drink side by side.

2015 Compte Lafon Meursault Genevrieres 1er
Drinking perfectly. Still very youthful but showing great complexity. Broad palate. Long finish. This does not show the over-richness I find in a lot of 2015 CdB whites. A hint of oak. Delicious.

1998 Clos des Lambrays GC
Stunning complex nose. Fully resolved tannins this seemed rather short on the finish. Drink up.

2007 Clos des Lambrays GC
Similar nose as the '98 but showing its youth on the palate. Tannins are firm but not green. Lots of ripe red fruits. Nice finish.

1998 Dujac Clos de la Roche GC
Dujac is always one of my fav CdlR. Dark berries predominate with lots of earthiness. In a really good place to drink now.

2012 DRC Grands Echezeaux GC
At 10 tears this is just approaching its drinking horizon. Very floral nose. Loads of cherry, red and dark fruits followed by spice on the palate. Deep and broad. The finish lingers floating above the tongue. I tasted this shortly after release and at that time it was really compact and ungiving. What a treat. Thank you Mr. B!!

2 Likes