PSA - Westchester Wine Warehouse

I ordered a case, they confirmed my order in writing and then they sent me a lesser product.
I called and was told the website is often wrong and in the future I should call them before ordering. No attempt was made to rectify the problem.

Update: I complained further, spoke to owner who apologized and gave me a significant credit - which satisfied me.
Apparently, ownership does care.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Jim. I’ve dealt with them many times and have had very positive experiences.

I must be missing something. Unless you actually want what they sent you, you simply tell them to send you a call tag to pick up the return, and get a credit. If they are not willing to do that, dispute the charge with your cc provider. The did not fulfill the order, and it appears this is not a one-off thing for them. The way they are incentivized to make their website more accurate is to pay for their mistakes.

3 Likes

I’ve only bought from them once.

'01 Musar.

Had a nice conversation with the manager in store.

Was using that as a test run, and if all was good, was gonna buy a good bit more.

Unfortunately the cork was in bad shape, slipped right into the bottle, wine totally oxidized.

I wrote him about it, never heard back.

Haven’t been back there since.

I’ve purchased in store 3-4x before with no problems but never did an online order.
I do agree with what is said above, should easily be able to get your credit card company to nix the transaction if you dispute it. At least with Amex you can dispute it online without having to talk to anyone, super easy.

Chuck,
I am aware of the steps to take to correct my problem.
I only wished to inform other possible buyers of the situation - hence, PSA.
Best, Jim

1 Like

Good to know. They’ve popped up in searches occasionally with a very good price on something I was interested in, e.g. Vernay CR fairly recently, but didn’t quite pull the trigger. You can also let wine searcher know and see if they will remove a star, if this was from a WS search.

What were the wines ordered? What was sent?

What does it matter? If you don’t get what you ordered and you aren’t happy with what you did get, you are owed your money back. If the store wants the wine they did send, they can arrange to have it shipped back. It’s really quite straightforward.

I think some context can help here, and I did think OP was a bit vague about it.

Some problems can plausibly be innocent mistakes, others less so…

Innocent mistakes are rectified immediately, not ignored. If the store had sent him a different vintage or a lesser cuvee by accident and then immediately attended to the situation, that would be one thing (if it happened once). If, as the OP said, “no attempt was made to rectify the problem,” there is no excuse.

1 Like

Their website seems rather attractive and warns you if they don’t have enough bottles in stock, which is worthless if their inventory isn’t accurate.

Folks,
My point was simply to inform; order from them don’t order from them - fine by me.
Personally, I hate having to deal with these kind of mistakes (if that they be).
Your mileage may vary.
Best, Jim

Bump.
Please read update in original post.