PSA - Calera Library on Sale at KL

Just received an email about a large collection of Calera on sale at KL Wines. No affiliation… Goes back to the 80’s.

Yeah, been a few days. 79s got cleared quick. I bought these… we’ll see how they are.

1983 Calera “Jensen” Mt. Harlan Pinot Noir $99.95
1994 Calera “Reed” Mt. Harlan Pinot Noir $69.95
1992 Calera “Reed” Mt. Harlan Pinot Noir $69.95
1993 Calera “Reed” Mt. Harlan Pinot Noir $69.95

For anyone interested, here’s the K&L blog post with TNs: The Opportunity of a Lifetime: Calera Library — K&L Wines On the Trail Blog

K&L is dead to me for the shipping policies. Unfortunately, or I’d be on this offer.

1 Like

I bought some 83, 86 and 93… and a bottle of 2008 aligote!

1 Like

Anyone coming to my offline next month who can do a will call at K&L RWC or SF?

the 79 wines from calera along and chalone were bonkers. great get man… but not wagner wines. :frowning:

1 Like

Grabbed a few faves. Prices are crazy low!

Blew my allowance on some lame Comte Liger recently. Wish I could get special access to library Wagner wines instead!

I found many of the older offerings already sold out by lunchtime.

c L-B is waay overrated…thin, harsh, bleh…and all you gotta do is ask bruh. got the omega amethyst vip access.

2 Likes

Got some older Jensens and Mills, as well as a couple bottles of '93 Chard. The Chard was only $20!

Just made a second purchase. I’m addicted to Calera.

Dang! The oldest Chard when I ordered was '00. I was hoping to try that to see if I wanted more, but now the oldest is '12. Oh well. I have plenty of good older Chards (and will likely be treated to some Caleras by various friends). Did get some '80s Pinots, so happy with what I got.

1 Like

Does anyone know how well the Aligoté holds up? I had a bottle in a restaurant once (likely within a few years of vintage) and thought it was great, but I believe it was only available at the winery. The youngest one for sale now is 2012.

So true. Thanks to our state sending them a threatening letter to stop shipping to our state. And it worked as it did in multiple other states. The sad part was most of what I purchased from K&L, I couldn’t buy in our state even if I wanted to.

The Calera sale sounds like a wonderful opportunity I’m going to miss due to shipping laws.

Yeah, KL is weird. They ship to like 7 states. Oh well.

If you have a Domaine account you can have K+L ship to the Domaine Napa location and then Domaine will cold chain it to whichever location is nearest to you and then deliver from there…

yeh brian, I can pick some up for you. just let me know i they say its ok

john

I picked up 11 bottles ranging from 1981 to 2013, including a mag of the 2007 Selleck. Received them today. I peeled back the capsule to check on corks. 2 of them were at the “drink me immediately” stage -one was an '81 Jensen that I opened tonight. Cork was fully saturated, and pretty loose, but the capsule helped keep the wine sealed. Durand did its job (wow was that cork crumbly). It’s drinking wonderfully. Have never had a CA pinot that old and there is still some nice fruit and a bit of tannin. May have to go back for more, this is really good stuff.

EDIT: Couldn’t help myself, this was really enjoyable. Went back for more, ended up buying mostly mags of several vintages. Still plenty of good wines available. Mad at OP for being an enabler with this thread, but glad I have these now!

1 Like

Still plenty around, I picked up a few this afternoon.