ISO Napa Valley Book

Sorry for being obtuse. Wasn’t there a new book written within the last 5 years about Napa wines. I feel like it was from a female some. Maybe worked at Press ?

great book by Kelli White but hard to find now. Used copy on Amazon now for $400. My favorite part was her extensive writings and notes on older Napa wines which was also such a huge strength of Press when it first opened. When Press first opened they talked me away from some wine I was going to order and directed my skeptical tastebuds towards a 75 Chappellet. And that was a mind blowing experience and the reason I have searched for these older Napa wines ever since . . .

Yeah, I missed buying one of these when it came out, and I’ve been keeping an eye out for one at a more reasonable price than $400 without a lot of luck so far.

Just throwing it out there but I am almost finished with Tor Kenward’s “Reflections of a Vintner”. Its an entertaining, easy read where he shares stories, anecdotes, history etc. of his 50 years in the Valley. I never realized that he was so dialed into the past, present and future? of the goings on up there.

I think they still have the deal on their website, a signed copy for I think $25.

FWIW, I managed to get a copy of this book for $100 by setting up a CamelCamelCamel alert for the Amazon listing. Now that I physically see how large and heavy it is, I understand why it was so expensive on release.

you’re definitely remembering correctly. It was Kelli White and it’s a tome. I think it went out of print almost as soon as it was in print. There are a few people in Chicago that know her on a personal level that may have a copy or are able to find you a copy without having to spend like $400 on amazon for it (steve morgan is probably the best person to try first and either of the Matts at Knightsbridge should be able to lead you in the right direction).

Thanks brother !

1 Like