TN: VR Petits Monts vs Chambolle VV

The $70 wine beats the $300 wine tonight.

• 2015 Domaine Felettig Chambolle-Musigny Vieilles Vignes - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Chambolle-Musigny (6/24/2022)
    PnP. Rocking and rolling right out of the gate. Integrated tannins and very little oak. Bright fruit and a touch of stem notes. This is in a great place. So crushable. (93 pts.)
  • 2018 Joseph Drouhin Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Petits Monts - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru (6/24/2022)
    Needs air. A good bit of oak to integrate. Great depth and density after a couple of hours. Tons of spice. Perfect tannin structure. Smooth and silky. This has tons of potential. Don’t touch for a decade or more.
1 Like

Thanks for the notes
A Village wine can easily beat a Grand Cru. In a way that people guessing them wrong
Also experienced tasters

I liked the Felettig 15’ VV too when I tried it in March. A Chambolle winemaker to watch

Any particular sweet spots they hit for vineyards in Chambolle? Ever tried Fixin Clos du Chapitre?

I’ve only tried a couple so far, but those Felettig have real potential I think.

Dear Claus,

Village wines beating grand crus? They surely often do. Last week I had the NUITS aux Saint Julien 2013 Bocquenet outclassing by far the LES SAINT GEORGES 2013 R CHEVILLON. A village versus a premier cru with ambitions to become grand cru soon…
SINCERELY JOHAN

Tasted the '09 Drouhin - VR - Petits Monts last week, a beautiful wine with great length and complexity.