TN: 2015 Liquid Farm Chardonnay White Hill (with obligatory precariously perched photo)

What crystalline, clean bottle of chardonnay! Light to middle weight, citrus, a little peach, a lot of minerals. No oak notes. A pure wine that’s pure fun. No worries of this aging out any time soon. We loved it with fresh halibut tacos tonight. What a bargain; what a wine!
LF White Hill.jpg

2 Likes

Huh. I just bought 4 bottles. Warren, a recent purchase? Or cellared? I wonder if you and I bought from the same source in Seattle

White Hill is a great wine of theirs. Always my favorite of their chardonnays - not that others aren’t good too, but it’s the best fit for my palate.

I have to say, though, that their pinots are really good too. They manage a bright and joyful California sunshine, yet with enough balance and restraint.

2 Likes

Matt
I bought these from the winery on release.
Warren

My favorite, as well.

I bought some of the 2018 on BD 21. I opened one last year, and it had all the elements I’m looking for in a Chardonnay, like those described by Warren, but it was extremely tight and had a slight bitter/sour note. I buried my remaining bottles.

While subjective, for those of you with more experience, how much bottle age do you recommend on this one?

Liquid farm is the real deal. Their tasting room is also beautiful….