TN: 2018 Reynvaan Family Vineyards Syrah In the Rocks

• 2018 Reynvaan Family Vineyards Syrah In the Rocks - USA, Washington, Columbia Valley, Walla Walla Valley (6/23/2022)
    Day 1: This wine is on par with anything Cayuse is doing and I love Cayuse. White pepper, black olives, roasted meats, spice, dark fruits, minerals, stone and mild smoke. Super complex and super long finish. This is a top wine of the year candidate. 96 points (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I’ve been wondering about the 2018s because Tanzer was not all that kind to them giving them pretty modest scores and descriptions that frankly didn’t sound all that great. Which I thought was odd because it was such an ideal WA vintage. I bought my usual favorites, the Stonessence and the ITR, as usual but haven’t tried any yet. Sounds like I need not have worried about them. Thanks for the preview.

Honestly Tanzer is not Tanzer anymore and working for someone else so this is as good if not better that the 2010! It has amazing potential. [cheers.gif]

High praise indeed, 2010 Reynvaans were epic, best I’ve had from them, with 2012 close behind.

1 Like

This was on day 1! Will have to buy more as my brother brought this to town and was that good on day 1.