TN: Two friends sharing three bottles of wine

TWO FRIENDS SHARING THREE BOTTLES OF WINE - The Capital Grille at Tysons Corner, VA (6/15/2022)

I have known R for close to two decades. This was a friends’ dinner to talk about our lives. We ended up drinking three great bottles.

Leflaive

• 2019 Domaine Leflaive Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Pucelles - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru
    Perfectly precise and incredibly energetic nose displaying pure cool white fruit, pear, granny smith, a hint of lemon, honeysuckle, beeswax, spicy spices and crushed rocks. Exceptional balance and precise, beautifully layered fresh white fruit, so much energy and freshness, bright acidity, strong mineral, and a long perfectly ripe pure white fruit driven finish with honeysuckle and spicy spices at the end. One of the most pure, precise and energetic young white Burgundies of my life. (97 pts.)

La Tache

• 2005 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti La Tâche - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, La Tâche Grand Cru
    Slightly closed nose displaying perfectly ripe decadent red and black fruit, raspberry and blackberry jam, cherry liqueur, mocha, chines medicinal cabinet, tea, sap, caramel and earth. There is only a hint of the DRC stem note. Exceptional concentration, layers upon layers of concentrated decadent black and red fruit, rich and oily yet also showing good detail and balance, perfect amount of acidity and mineral, and a long decadent concentrated red and black fruit driven finish. There is a hint of very ripe note which I didn’t notice from the previous bottles. It seems a bit closed. (96 pts.)

Dauvissat

• 2008 Vincent Dauvissat (René & Vincent) Chablis Grand Cru Les Clos - France, Burgundy, Chablis, Chablis Grand Cru
    Wax capsule, French bottling. Incredibly energetic and focused nose displaying concentrated yellow and white fruit, lemon curd, granny smith, honey, beeswax, cool mountain stream, sweet spices and crushed rock. Exceptional concentration, slightly coiled intense yellow fruit, dense and oily but also fluid, pure and energetic, bright acidity, strong mineral, and a long concentrated yellow fruit driven finish with crush rock and sweet spices at the end. This is one of the best examples of the 08 Dauvissat Les Clos that I had recently. (97 pts.)

As usual, we had a great time and the dinner lasted over five hours.
Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

Well done. With those scores I’m only sorry you didn’t have 6 bottles!

That is very nice sharing.