Major sale of Magdelaine at Chamber Street.

A large number of different vintages on offer for pretty good prices. Just in case you are wondering I am not the seller.

I saw that less than an hour after they posted, and a bunch were gone. All are sold now. I bought the ‘83, ‘99, ‘04, and ‘07. They weren’t my preferred vintages, but I think they’ll be great for the price. All the others I asked for were gone and were removed from my cart.

Cheers,
Warren

2 Likes

Nice haul on good prices. I got ZERO … all gone by the time I checked/clicked on my email.

You have to be lightening quick on most of Chambers’ emails with good offers. I stopped trying for the most part.

1 Like

I saw it early on and passed. Not wines I really want.

I am the culprit. After over 25 years actively in the hobby, I am winding down sooner than planned. Depending on the vintage, I kept between 6 and 15 bottles of every Magdelaine vintage I own (plus a few where I have less than 6), and then decided Chambers was the right place to sell the rest. I still have plenty and may do this again in a couple of years, but time will tell.

Warren- the 1983 came from a pristine case that spent its entire life at a Belgian negociant until it came to auction. Same source as my 85s, 87s and 89s. Note this really needs a 4-5 hour decant, but it is quite a good Magdelaine. The 1999 is one of the few cases sourced in the US, but I have already had one and found it had been perfectly stored. A lot of pepper on this one- drinkable now but I would be tempted to wait a bit. The 2007 is from a large parcel I got from a French negociant about 8 years ago that was also the source of my stash of 06-11. Again pristine condition and I am qute fond of the 07. It is more a luncheon wine and drinking well now, but should age and improve a decade or more. I have not tried the 04 yet- but that case came from a UK cellar whose other vintages have proven in good condition.

FWIW- Chambers was absolutely the right place to bring the collection, but I was surprised at how quickly it all went. I had figured it would take a day or two.

1 Like

this.

because they have great offerings and at great prices.

1 Like

I know, I know. Only happens to me with the good stuff that they email about.
I never learn.

I often wonder whether the emails all go out at the same time, As I have ordered wines within minutes of receipt, and the wines were gone! Got a jump fast on these!

1 Like

Damn, just missed.

1 Like

The unique thing was that they used the consignor’s scoring system. You don’t see that very often. Despite giving the consignor some pseudonymous initials, some of us have paid enough attention to have a pretty good idea who the consignor was just from the notes and ratings. Unfortunately, the e-mail came out while I was on a flight and I didn’t get it in time. At those prices, I’d have grabbed at least a couple of the 2006 and 2008, but all gone by the time I got to it.

Lopa also offered some back vintages of Magdelaine but very limited quantities (sometimes only 1 bottle of a vintage).

Haha, you could have just flipped it all to me!!’

Couldn’t give this stuff away 10 years ago.

I think I saw the email seconds after it hit and picked up a few. I was especially happy to get 2 1985s as when I opened my last remaining bottle it needed much more time

Luckily grabbed 99, 04, 06 and 08 + some 08 mags. Jealous you got those 85’s Jay Miller

1 Like

What was the pricing on these?

I would say below market. Extremely well-priced.

Kudos to Tom and Chambers. And fair pricing works, they all sold out in a day.

1 Like

Wow. Now that is a stud trigger finger! I’m jelly.

Chambers offers go so fast. Ugh.