Saxum 2022

New release upcoming July 12th. For a year I thought I would be getting a little relief, I am getting slammed.

Did you get an email? I havenā€™t seen anything yet, no word on the website either.

1 Like

direct mail

1 Like

Any information on which wines will be offered?

Nevermind. Found it on the siteā€¦

ā€œOur next release will be held in July 2022 and will include our 2020 Broken Stones, 2020 Paderewski Vineyard, 2020 Heart Stone Vineyard, 2019 Hexe, and 2019 Rocket Blockā€

Your next offering from Saxum Vineyards will begin Tuesday, July 12, 2022 and close on July 25, 2022. Our wines will be sold first come, first served. We will invite you (via email) to place an order online on July 12th around 9 am PST.

We recommend clicking here to ensure your email, billing, and delivery information is current.

If you have questions or are unable to place an order online or over the phone during the offer window, simply let us know by replying to this message.

Enjoy the summer!
Justin and Heather Smith

2020 Broken Stones ($132), 2019 Hexe ($156), 2019 Rocket Block ($156), 2020 Paderewski Vineyard ($132), and 2020 Heart Stone Vineyard ($132).

2020 Broken Stones 1.5 L ($264), 2019 Hexe 1.5 L ($312), 2019 Rocket Block 1.5 L ($312), and 2020 Paderewski Vineyard 1.5 L ($264).

Price increaseā€¦.

1 Like

$33 increase on some of those, OUCH.

2 Likes

Yeah. But then again I looked at my purchasing history and I think this may be their first price increase since 2015.

1 Like

I waited on the list too long not to buy but definitely a smaller order than anticipated.

i think your right. justin has a lot of real estate to pay for.
im confident we wonā€™t see subsequent increases for at least a few more years (excluding the winter release no doubt).

Iā€™ve been buying from a friend while I wait on the list (should finally make it in the next offering or two, I love these wines), but the price difference between the non-extended barrel age offerings and the extended barrel age offerings has really narrowed.

1 Like

one thing to consider- wineries like law, torrin, jacob toft, top, lā€™aventure, pec & burl, emercy, levo etc. gotta love this as the pace setter for the race just decided to slow down, so to speak.

1 Like

$75 in '08, $89 in '10, $98 from about '13-'21. And includes shipping. So they were quite overdue. I had recently commented that with the stable pricing it was almost a ā€œvalueā€ wine by CA standards. Sorry, i jinxed it.

1 Like

I was expecting an increase but not 35%ā€¦

Surprised Justin increased some of these by that much given you can now backfill some in the secondary market for cheaper than list ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

2 Likes

Is shipping still included? You have to figure that into the equation - those costanhave increased a lot over the past 2 years . . .

Thatā€™s interesting - I thought these held up in price pretty nicely in the secondary market - or is that not the case?

Cheers

1 Like

Side question but relevant: How is the 2020 vintage in Paso Robles regarded? the area has been on a great run the last few years.

1 Like

Has anyone heard from Saxum or Justin about this price increase? Would be great if he would come on here or somewhere and publically comment about it. 35 percent seems awfully high at one time.