2002 Patricia Green Pinot Noir Reserve

Even though it’s not 21 years old, this is mature, beautifully so.

Surprisingly dark for 20 year old Oregon Pinot, no bricking although light crimson at the rim. The aromas feature red raspberry, red cherry and hints of forest after rain. The palate is light and fresh, with piquant cherries. The texture is excellent, intricate and a little twisty, like a dense but weightless lace. For an entry level wine (I think this is entry level, and I hate calling entry level wines ‘reserve’), this has aged not only beautifully, but gracefully. Rated 92.5. Drink up, if you’re lucky enough to have some.

Dan Kravitz

2 Likes

I’ve known for a while that some of the higher end bottlings age extremely well. The library release has shown me that most, maybe all, of the entire range does. Thanks for posting.

Glad this bottling is getting even better with age, Dan! The one you had 38 days ago only received an 88.5! Have another bottle in July and then the one in August should be beyond perfection if the upward trajectory holds! Yes.

I expect bottle variation for any Pinot at 20 years, even more so for one made on the light side.

This was a bottle I gave to a friend, not sure if she has any more in her basement. I don’t have another bottle (sob).

Thanks.

Dan Kravitz

Ssssshhhhh, we are supposed to keep this aging Patricia Green and Oregon Pinots our little secret here.

I can’t wait for the follow up discussion regarding the Goodfellow and Burg tasting this evening. Wish that I could have been there.

James

I’m not sure it matters that it is kept a secret. People buy OR PN. Most people drink it young. A few people hold it for 20 years. This has no impact on the market as same amount of wine was sold.