1995 Clerc Milon

Twenty seven years and the tannin has not moved.Some very pretty fruit with secondary aromas. I don’t think this will ever come around. Most of my 1995 Bordeaux wines are in this same state.

Yes, a little discouraging, for lack of better words. I’ve had more than decent 1995s in L’evangile, Cos d’Estournel and a few others from the Right bank that drank sufficiently well with mucho advanced decanting. I’ve a bunch of these at the faraway storage and am still hoping that riding it out will come with better surprises at some point.

The Bordelais hype machine was strong in 1995, after the prior 4 middling vintages, customers were more susceptible than usual.

I fell for it, and have had a couple decades to rue that with the Medocs, maybe excluding the very nice Pichon Lalande.

I agree that 1995 was a difficult bordeaux vintage with plenty of stern, ungiving wines, but before avoiding the entire vintage be sure to try the outstanding Ducru Beaucaillou or even better 1995 Haut Brion.

95 Angelus is lovely

As mentioned, 95 HB is nice.

yes, the 1995 Angelus is a very good wine, without the searing tannin. It is ready to drink now but can go for a long time.

I purchased and enjoyed several 1995s including Grand Puy Lacoste, Leoville Las Cases, Lynch Bages, Pontet-Canet and Rausan-Segla.