Massachusetts Retailers Recommendations?

Our kids just moved back from Seattle to Wilmington, MA and are interested in “local” wine stores. Any store recommendations that have good wine selections and possibly some WA state wines? I think they going through some WA wine withdrawals. Mahalo!

Not sure about WA state wine selection at any of these, but I’d always shop at Gordon’s, Marty’s, and Dion’s when I was living in Boston.

1 Like

I will second Gordon’s, based in Waltham just outside of Boston.
They have an eclectic and diverse program and are my go –to for fine wine. I am not in Massachusetts but rely on their email offers to get my hands on things that don’t come to Georgia.

I can’t speak for their Bordeaux or Italian offerings - not my interest- but I certainly buy burgundy and Riesling and bubbly through them. They also have an active spirits program particularly around whiskey and if I lived in the area I would certainly go to more of their tastings.

1 Like

Total Wine is likely to be close and carries a lot of WA mine. For more personalized & knowledgeable service try the nearest branch of Dions or Gordons. You can look online at what WA wines that any of these carry.

If they ever venture into Western Massachusetts they can hit up my favorite shop, Table & Vine.

Gordon’s is definitely the gold standard. Giant inventory, competitive pricing, and their email offers are excellent. Marty’s is another solid option. Downtown Boston you have Urban Grape and Bauer Wines as well. Total Wine has a few locations and there are deals to be had there. All benefitting from no MA sales tax [cheers.gif]

If they aren’t already, sign up for Full Pull mailing list. Diversified now, but still wide selection of WA wines often not available outside the state. FP started pretty much on this principle of providing access to Washington wines to those “Back East”.

A bit closer to where you are is Rapid Liquors in Stoneham. Smaller than Gordon’s or Marty’s but they have an excellent selection and very good prices. They’re even online. https://rapidliquors.com/

MA stores are able to ship within the state, so Table & Vine in West Springfield that David mentioned and Spirited in Lenox are both very good. Vintages Adventures In Wine in West Concord is very good, but the emphasis is on Italy and Burgundy.

If they have a car, and are willing to make a day trip, the NH State Liquor stores have periodic sales with attractive pricing. Some folks on BWE load up their cellars during those.

Table & Vine is great too.

another good store with a huge inventory is Yankee Spirits tho it is a bit of a drive from wilmington the 2 closest to you would be in Norwood or sturbridge as well as attleboro if you are driving near the rhode island border

+1 on Rapid. If something is available in MA but not in sock, Doug and his crew at Rapid will locate it.

Piling on to like Gordon’s. One of the very few MA shops I know of who have figured out how to use a 3rd party shipper and can get things to my state, and that has lots of interesting small Burgundy producers. Of course not an issue for you guys.

Another +1 for Gordon’s

More for the food, but Butcher Boy in Andover north of you is worth the trip for good Italian deli meats and cuts of meat. Sells wine too.

Ansonia is a Berserker Day participating business that has some great imports. Open most Saturdays but online shop too. https://www.ansoniawines.com/warehouse/

Awesome recommendations.

I’ll join the crowd in voting for Gordon’s. Other top retailers in the greater Boston area are Lower Falls Wine (much better store than website IMHO) and Marty’s.

Table and Vine is also excellent, and I stop by on occasions that I’m in the Springfield vicinity. I also need to check out Ansonia given some of the comments I’ve read on this board.

Thank you Glenn for mentioning Butcher Boy Market. It looks pretty amazing.

+1 for Rapid Liquors. Doug runs a great store with more than fair pricing which frequently beats NH.