2014 Joblot Givry 1er Cru Servoisine

I grabbed a case of this on release, I opened a bottle when it arrived and to be honest thought it was pretty average.
I was in the storage facility this morning restacking boxes and pulling random bottles for inspection/evaluation/tasting and grabbed one of these.
WOW
Time has helped this wine.
Savoury with a touch of umami, nicely integrated dark fruit, Drinking nicely now with time in hand.
Solid 90 points (if you are scoring), best with something like a mushroom risotto.

1 Like

Yeah the 14 whites are at/slightly past peak, but I have fewer bottles of red so I’ll let them ride.

Servoisine red to me also has this unique iron/bulls blood thing going on that I’ve never experienced in any other red Burgundy. Thanks to Bobby Kacher for putting these guys in the US consciousness. My first vintage was an 85 consumed in 1992-93.

I grabbed cases in 14,15,16 and 19.
Bit of a head scratcher when I first tried one, but this has given me great hope that they are drinker gems that will outperform their price (exactly my kind of wine).

Love Jablot Givrys with some age 7-10 years and other Givrys such as Lumpp, Gerard Mouton, Sarrazin, Danjean Berthoux. Any other Givrys Berserkers can recommend?

Agreed on the Joblot. With some time after the new oak assimilates they are pretty delicious.

Another name I look for in Givry is Xavier Besson. Very good wines and they are still affordable.

I have the 2010 of this, looking forward to it.