TN: 2001Trimbach F. Emile 375eme anniversaire

always a great bottle, it’s nearly the equal of Clos Ste Hune in this vintage. Their 375th anniversary bottling, it’s spectacular. Nose is intense and layered apricot and citrus, echoing on the palate with classy fruit driven deeply into palate and memory by the well integrated acidity. The wine is thick yet lithe, finishes quite long and clean. Nowhere near a downhill ride, I think it will hold this peak for a very long time.

8 Likes

What a lovely bottle. Unfortunately, the last one I had was advanced, but the rest have been wonderful

Down to one bottle. When I checked I noticed that i still have 4 bottles of the 2001 CFE VT. Need to check in on that one soon.

Almost out myself. Hopefully a sound showing when I open. Thanks for the check in.

Thanks for the check-in, Alan. One bottle left here as well.
Though a reputable shop has more at a decent price and I’m often tempted.

1 Like

I actually thought it was quite a bit better than the '01 Clos Ste Hune, although I only had one bottle of the CSH, but drank over a case of the CFE 375eme. I have one additional bottle of CSH ready to go, but I wasn’t terribly impressed with the first one. Any thoughts on whether it’s ready to drink or really still needs more time?

I am down to my last four - and I bought 18!:flushed:

Guess you can tell I like this wine.

1 Like

I have a bunch of CFE vintages from 1989 onward and somehow missed this one.