Dury Duty

Put the ’13 Village Meursault next to the ’12 last week at Au Fil du Clos in Meursault.
2012 Coche-Dury Meursault: Really good. Structural elements were still supportive but more relaxed than the ’13. It had some hazelnut cream, white peach and lemon notes. It was full, rich and powerful, with great drive and authority for a village wine. There’s the usual Coche dry extract on the long finish.

2013 Coche-Dury Meursault: Still unevolved. There’s plenty of petrol reduction and dense orchard fruit flavours. There’s a touch of spice and so much chalky dry extract.

2 Likes

Petrol? Splash of Riesling in there? :wink:

Lucky bleeder

I think it was fermented on Riesling skins David.

Was wondering were you were, Jeremy,
As you hadn’t posted for a while (for you). Now I know. Will pics be forthcoming?

He can’t be classed as witless, though.

1 Like

I always thought that the Coche petrol/creosote/road tar/charcoal was reduction, but IIRC, Wm Kelley in these pages said it was mostly their oak management that was responsible.

New wood combines notes of char, that amplifies the perception of reduction. But I’ve had enough Coche and enough experience with new barrels to say that reduction is definitely in play.

Riesling Ripasso?

1 Like

your choice of thread subject line is awesome!