TNs: Walter Scott Cuvee Anne Berserker Day vertical

• 2019 Walter Scott Chardonnay Cuvée Anne - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/16/2022)
    According to CT, I haven’t tried one of these in a little over a year. Just had the 2020 version of this five minutes ago, and the 2018 last night.

Deelish - a one word descriptor that says it all ;^)

A very light reductive note on the nose (noticeably less so than the 2020) and this really spreads out on your palate for such a young wine. Yet another bottle purchased on Berserker Day - with wines like this, truly a reason to look forward to January, regardless of the weather!

• 2020 Walter Scott Chardonnay Cuvée Anne - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/16/2022)
    Another Berserker Day purchase. I had the 2018 last night, and this is not as harmonious right now. More reductive on the nose and lemony/citrus on the palate. Just a little too “shrill” at this point, but that is something that will probably cease to be an issue with more time in the bottle.

But I don’t want to sound overly negative here - this can be enjoyed now (and I am), but I think it will be better in another 6-12 months.

• 2018 Walter Scott Chardonnay Cuvée Anne - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (5/15/2022)
    I actually finished my stash last year, but then was able to refill when they offered the wines as part of the Cuvee Anne vertical on Berserkers Day.

Lovely reductive flint notes on the nose. Elegant and lighter-bodied on the palate, with good acidity & persistence. I get some citrus here as well, maybe some Granny Smith apple too. Very nice.

Posted from CellarTracker

3 Likes

Is today Berserker Day? (serious question…I thought it was 1/27)

Just updating my note on the 2020 Cuvee Anne two days after I opened it, and this is much better today. The reductive note on the nose is not as pronounced today, and the wine is more relaxed and open on the palate. I would recommend this for purchase, but I think they sold out of it on Berserkers Day.

Actually, unless I missed an email, the 2020 Cuvee Anne has not been offered to the WolfPack. I thought that there was going to be a spring offer including the 2020 Cuvee Anne, but they may be staggering the 2020 releases. It’s still available in the Portland retail market.

James

Bob,

I just described my recent experience with 2017 and 2018 Cuvee Annes to a friend, and delicious is the very word I used to describe the wines. I am a big fan.

1 Like