Waxwing Wines close-out sale this Saturday in Belmont

The excellent local wine writer Laura Ness wrote this article recently about vintner Scott Sisemore, who is closing down his Waxwing Wines label:
https://www.ediblemontereybay.com/blog/and-the-waxwing-soared/

Scott is holding one final close-out sale from 1-4pm this Saturday 5/14 at the winery, 111 Industrial Rd, unit 8, in Belmont, CA, a short way south of San Francisco. Wines 50% off, by the case only, and Scott can make up mixed cases. Really good wines, and they’ll be a steal at 50% off.

Hope to see some Berserkers there on Saturday.

2 Likes

Thank you, Ken. Sale is also ongoing via the website. I was happy to order some Pinot. Sad to see the winery ceasing operations. I wish him the best.

1 Like

Put a case in the cart but East Coast ground shipping is $125!

1 Like

Try contacting Scott via the email listed on his website and see if he can do anything for you regarding the shipping. Don’t know if whether he can, but it’s worth asking. He can also put together a sale mixed case via email - I don’t think his website is set up to handle mixed cases for his sale right now.

Thank you for the heads up. In for a case of 2018 Lester Syrah. I have always enjoyed everything I’ve tried from Lester Vineyard. And, for $23 a bottle delivered, including tax and shipping -I’m in. Wishing the best for Scott Sisemore in his next adventure.

Damn, this is one I might need to bust the WBM for.

Garagiste just sent out an offer for two of the Syrah bottlings.

Just drank a bottle of 2018 Lester Syrah. Wonderful. Balanced with black pepper. Not too heavy with blackberry. Decanted for an hour and drank over 5 hours. Smoothed out a bit over time. Many years to go. Wonderful deal for $23 (including tax and shipping) from winery.

Which ones? I unsubbed from Garagiste many years ago and have plenty of Waxwing in my cellar. Don’t wish to resubscribe just to see that offer.

1 Like

Résiste le Garagiste!

Larry Stein coastview and Lester.

1 Like