Pobega de Kelley Fox

I returned from my afternoon walk today to find out that the UPS man had left me a care package on my front doorstep [wow.gif]

Accordingly, I grabbed a bottle of the 2021 Kelley Fox Pinot Blanc Barbie and put it in the fridge for a quick chill. Very nice, and although I’m just swilling this in front of the laptop, this immediately strikes you as a real food wine. Good persistence on the finish, light-bodied and quite tasty, with decent acidity. Happy to have more [cheers.gif] .

2 Likes

Bob,

Absolutely love both the regular Freedom Hill bottling and this bottling. Jealous!!

It was just released to club members. It should be on general market soon.

I too also ordered the 2 Pinot Blancs and the Gruner Veltliner. I’ve never had an Oregon based GV, so looking forward to it.

Just got the summer Chardonnay offer. Anyone buying?

In addition to the two vineyard-designate chards, there’s a WV designate that is actually 2-year-old vines at Freedom Hill, aged in stainless steel, for $24.

Seems like a no brainer but curious if anyone’s tried it?

1 Like

Haven’t tried it, only because I’m stupid.

Tasted at the winery yesterday with Dustin. Was short on time, returning home to PDX from a rental house on the coast, so I asked Dustin to keep it to one flight, which was pinots. Didn’t know to pick up the chards, didn’t know they were out. Then I get the email this morning, and know that I missed out.

Tasted the 2019 pinots from Canary Hill, Weber, and the Royal Ann Block Maresh. The Canary Hill had an asian spice profile, the Royal Ann had it characteristic tangy cherry, and the Weber was more savory. All three were very fine.

1 Like

so excited to try the new Willamette Chardonnay bottling!

Apparently already sold out. :frowning:

No. It was just offered to club members only yesterday.

Chris,

Went back to my club email and clicked on order wines. It was still there but when you clicked to add to cart, it stated that is was sold out. Yikes that was fast!!

Luckily went and ordered some bottles from Vinopolis. Dale drank it last night and enjoyed it very much.

Yep. Dustin confirmed to me this morning that it immediately sold out to the retail and export markets. I too was able to get some from Vinopolis. Hopefully, the other two Chards will be around a bit longer.

1 Like

Yep, got my order in for all three offered as soon as email came through!!

dustin told me in email it was gone very fast yesterday. he also told me most of it is going into distribution so get on the horn with your local KF dealer!

Unfortunately it sold out very quickly and Dustin said they might have a bit left over this fall.

Just opened a 2019 Royal Ann Block to go with an early dinner of grilled Flannery rib cap with fresh morels in cream sauce, with a side of fresh grilled shisito peppers. The wine was fresh from the cellar at 55F, and the tartness typical of the 2019s was a great tonic for the heat of the day. It’s showing the typical tart cherry I get from the Royal Ann most years, and a streak of orange peel that gives the wine great lift.

Maybe worth breaking wine probation to reload on.

1 Like

Everything we tasted at Kelly Fox on Friday was very expressive. The Barbi might have been my least favorite but the competition was fierce. Dustin lead us in a great tasting and I was totally stoked to hang in a cold dark cellar versus the 100F outside.
KF.jpg
Sorry original intent of the post was Pobega!. We arrived in WV thursday and checked in the AirBnB and there is a 2021 Kelly Fox Mirabai sitting in our apartment. Turns out Dustin knows these peeps and sold em the wine that was just recently bottled. By far the best freebie bottle yet and a true Pobega.

The three of us all blessed this wine. Bright, Light, Expressive! What a great ~$30+ bottle of wine. And yes I bought more from Dustin the next day.

Sean

1 Like

I cant wait to get my hands on some 2021 reds from Kelley!

You can get the Mirabai now at retail.

ive got a couple bottles sitting in the winery waiting to ship right now. hoping some will land near me soon to hold me over!