WB Q&A Session 2.0 with William Kelley, Friday 5/6 RECORDING POSTED

William Kelley joins Wine Berserkers again for an online Zoom Q&A session, fresh after En Primeur, on Friday May 6th at 11 am Pacific, 2pm Eastern (8pm France time)

I’ll have a waiting room setup and will have video and audio on, though I will turn everyone’s audio OFF (since, inevitably, people forget and start yelling at spouses or young kids or dogs make noise in the background) until the Q&A session starts, which is pretty much right away, unless William has some wise words for us to start with as our long intro. We’ll use the ‘raise hand’ and chat functions to manage the questions, and hopefully since it will be 8pm William’s time he will be two sheets in the wind by then, so he can speak with loose lips.

Date: Friday May 6, 2022
Time: 11am Pacific/2pm Eastern

3 Likes

can you confirm with William if he’ll be three sheets to the wind or merely two?

1 Like

William tends to be conservative in his grading, so count only on two sheets, perhaps 2+.

1 Like

Will a recording be made available?

Yes, I will record and post it on our YouTube channel, for sure

4 Likes

Fun! Thanks Todd for setting this up.

1 Like

sounds great

Bump - tomorrow! Good thing I checked, as I almost forgot, and I have to host this dealio!

Glad you bumped it as well. I had spaced it.

I hope this will be recorded and available later? The last Q and A was amazing to listen to. Nice to hear relatively fresh honest opinions about the wine world.

Yes, as mentioned in post 5, it will be recorded

Looking forward to it!

1 Like

Start drinking now! Gotta lube up!

1 Like

T minus 25 minutes…see you all soon

We’ll start soon - waiting room is open

Thank you William and Todd, that was highly engaging and interesting. I learned a bit more about wine. And there are fish in the river in Champagne!

On the first topic - re-setting the 100 point scale and making wine criticism more meaningful. I very much salute the project and your commitment to it. The value and meaning of your ratings are part of why I find you an engaging and exciting reviewer. I hope you sway a few more to your point of view, but I (perhaps cynically) doubt that the ‘system’ is entirely fixable. The financials are too strong and the points are too tied up in people’s livelihoods. But for those of us who care, we are better for your efforts.

3 Likes

Thank you William and Todd. That was great.

Enjoyed what I could be on for. Stupid work meeting overlapped the Zoom. :wink:

1 Like

I actually feel quite confident about it! Unlike Mark Twain (to slightly adapt the quotation), I have faith in the intelligence of the consumer!

1 Like

Thank you very much for doing that - thoroughly enjoyed it

1 Like