PSA: Valle d'Aosta comes back to Healdsburg!

Received this email yesterday and thought I would pass it along to area locals or people visiting Sonoma County. The Valle d’Aosta wines are some of my favorites and this Sunday School should be a dandy!
Please note that Sunday Schools sell out very quickly so please don’t hang the messenger if it is sold out. Last months Sunday School, featuring the wines of the soon to be opened Ciao Bruto wine shop was awesome (and I still need to write it up). Barbaresco, Timorasso, Ruche, grower champagne etc. Expect the group to include winemakers-owners, geeks and “normal” people wanting to taste and learn. If you get a ticket, look me up on May 1st!

Tom

Idlewild Sunday School
May 1st
Dear Friends and Family-

Sunday School is back and better than ever! Last month was a sell-out, and seeing all of your soulful personalities filling up our patio brought us so much joy… so lets do it again — on May 1st at 4:00pm!!!

This month we’re going to jump back into exploring a single region, and it is one we hold near and dear to our hearts, the Valle d’Aosta! Expect the precision of Piedmont, the layers of refinement of classic France, but the weirdness and wildness one would expect from the top of the world (these are by far the highest elevation vineyards in Europe). And gnomes and giants… lots of gnomes and giants.

Perhaps more than any other region in the world (besides Champagne) this is a tiny little postage stamp of a wine region that exudes all of the characteristics we love about wine. Expect salty and stony whites and herbaceous, lithe, crisp mountain reds paired with lots of melted Fontina.

Tickets are $30 for wine club members and $50 for non-members and can be purchased here.

We have worked tirelessly to keep the price of this event the same as before the pandemic despite rising costs and disrupted supply chains, so expect the same awesome lineup of wines for the same affordable price.

(Please note that we plan to have the event outside, but in case of inclement weather, we will be inside and proof of vaccination is required.)

We look forward to seeing your beautiful, smiling faces!

Sincerely,

Sam, Courtney and Thomas