2016 Barolo Riserva has started to be released

What have you purchased?
Massolino Rionda is 300€
Bruno Giacosa Barolo Falletto Vigna Le Rocche Riserva 700€
And btw I just saw the Vigna Elena https://www.elviocogno.com/it/vigneti/vigna-elena/was sold out in my area

1 Like

Not much, if anything, has made it to the US yet, but I am on the lookout for Cavallotto Vigna San Giuseppe at a good price when it gets here.

Waiting to see the price on Elio Sandri’s Perno Riserva.

I’m glad we have what is supposed to be a solid 2019 vintage coming out relatively soon. It will hopefully keep these riserva prices reasonable. Already maxed out on Vigna Elena. Haven’t seen any other offers yet though.

I’d be ecstatic to grab Massolino at 300 euro.

Just because you said that I bought a few bottles champagne.gif champagne.gif

2 Likes

After what I’ve read about prices here that was a great decision.

I have been purchasing since 2008 vintage, but i hesitated when I saw the price. Thanks for your thread about Etichetta Nera and the heads up

Any thoughts on how Massolino’s 2015 vigna rionda is… at $150 it seems like quite the bargain.

Oppang Gangas Style

2 Likes

2015 Massolino Vigna Rionda at K&L for $160. I would also be interested in hearing opinions on whether you thought that was worth it. I have liked the Massolino classico but honestly haven’t tried many of the single vineyards yet.

Imo it’s hard to tell. The 2001 Rionda is still very unyielding
The 2015 might open earlier tho
2014 and 2013 are also great options

I’ve never been disappointed in the Massolino VR. If it’s worth it is your call.

2016 Massolino Vigna Rionda at K&L for $300 right now.

Me neither. And the price have been very reasonable until now [cheers.gif]

I saw one small offer at $130/bottle for the '16 VSG

…and also:
Francesco Rinaldi Barolo Cannubi Riserva 2016
E.Molino Barolo Riserva 2016

SEC wines has the 2016 Rinaldi Riserva for $175, yikes

Yikes is right! I bought the 2015 riserva for around $115.

Thanks. I will be on the lookout. I’d be happy with that price. Close to what I paid for 2013.