TN: 2013 Nigl Riesling 1ÖTW Privat Pellingen (Austria, Niederösterreich, Kremstal)

• 2013 Nigl Riesling 1ÖTW Privat Pellingen - Austria, Niederösterreich, Kremstal (4/1/2022)
    Nigl does not get the attention it deserves. This wine is all about precision and electricity, couple with grace. It’s a lime and mineral cocktail, connected to a live 400 volt wire. Early days yet for this wine, which resembles the dry Alsatian Rieslings of a long ago ere, when dry meant dry, and immortality was all but certain.

Posted from CellarTracker

1 Like

great note, and inspiring me to seek out nigl again.

I have mentioned this in the past, but I am rarely all that enthused about Nigl wines on release. Five to ten years later I routinely love them. Someday I will trust that result and buy more on release.

1 Like

Yes, I was going to say I don’t think they get the attention they deserve because they require aging. I bought this wine for a few years and stopped because every time I opened one it was pretty unyielding. Now I’ve opened a couple at 10+ years that have been just starting to get ready to drink, and I wish I had been buying all along. I may need to get back to it.

1 Like