TN: 2000 Château Clerc Milon (France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac)

• 2000 Château Clerc Milon - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (27.03.2022)
    Best so far from a half case. Killer nose, balanced on the palate, medium long+ finish.
    Posted from CellarTracker

Enjoyed with entrecote and cauliflower gratin.

4 Likes

I just picked up a bottle of this…looking forward to it

Hi Marc,

Hope you like it!

I stood it upright for three days, pulled the cork 5 hrs. in advance, decanted then for one hour. I still have a splash (5 hrs. after lunch) and it is still giving.

One of my WOTP bottle, the 2000 Clerc Milon. Drank an at-release purchased bottle back in May 2020 and decided to scrimp on remaining 3 in the remote storage.

Great picture. We love roast cauliflower here!

Just popped an '05–still on the young side, but showing well–lots of lead pencil and good length. Will hold my remaining 4.

2000 Château Clerc Milon - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (5/15/2022)
Decanted 3 hrs. It would seem that here we have a wine that was well received upon release, but with steady praise of a good, solid, workman like Pauillac – 90-92 scores, people are happy, it does its job, on to the next bottle. But the CT notes over the last year so would indicate this has really turned a corner, with a lot more enthusiasm that previous notes have shown. Since this was my 1st go with the 00 CM, all I can say is this was a clear notch above the 00 Pontet Canet and GPL which I have had over the last 12 mos. The nose alone was simply stupendous, hitting on all cylinders, with every Bordeaux stereotype in the book coming out to play. Lovey freshness and acidity run in harmonic balance to the central core of dark cassis and the like. A very recent impulse purchase and I could not be happier with the result. (94 points)

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more, Dale, it’s an excellent Pauillac 2000, a real gem. So refined and elegant.