TN: Josh. (short/boring? Painful)

After I used a cup of this holiday gift for the sauce for my duck breast, I decided to give this a proper taste. For posterity.

• 2019 Josh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California (1/29/2022)
    Pop and pour. Initial nose of cigar ash tray. Coaxing out a bit more complexity, we get a hint of macerated black cherry. More air brings out warm inner tube. It took me a while to drum up the courage to try a sip, but unfortunately I started sneezing uncontrollably. I think I’m allergic to this wine. I continue. Palate is thin and limp. A touch of cherry and menthol. There isn’t nearly the flavor one might expect from the intense nose. I can’t comment on the finish because it vanished like water.
2 Likes

Literally laughed out loud at the sneezing part.

Allergic to cheap mass produced wine…a common ailment on this forum champagne.gif

People love to buy this wine for me as a gift because they think it’s funny….

Is all fun and games until someone has to drink it…

Why, because of your name?

1 Like

Why do you torture yourself? With over 2500 posts, haven’t you learned anything? A wine like this, when properly cellared, can surprise you after a decade or more, but drinking a wine that was bottled and shipped a few months ago so that they could clear out room to bottle the 2020 so they could clear out room to start racking the 2021 is a Shanda.

Tell them that your real name is James. TN: 2013 Saxum James Berry Vineyard - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

1 Like

Hoping that the “wine” didn’t have an adverse effect on the Duck Breast…