WSJ discusses a Florida steak house...

…complete with price comparisons from when it opened to today

sometimes these work in incognito mode, top story

Good to see the onion rings get their due recognition.

1 Like

Behind a paywall. Miss the old days at Berns…

I remember having a 1990 Forts de Latour there for maybe $30 (foggy memory) in the late 90’s. It was priced as just a second wine back then. The food was good enough, and the cellar visit was cool too.

Wish I got there a lot more.

What did you pair them with?

Too bad I don’t have a WSJ subscription

Meats. Lots of meat.

Love those onion rings.

The caviar and mini-pancakes - Keith loves those things - rock as well. Imagine if Fu could supply, he’d own this billion dollar website.

1 Like

While the WSJ is definitely worth subscribing to, this article doesn’t really provide the kind of information that most on this board would salivate over. Pretty high-level, relatively short and no real details on the wine front.

I have a WSJ subscription and I still hit a paywall.
I think you need to share the article and then everyone can link for free.

Hope this works.

[pillow-fight.gif]

Oh well it didn’t.

The links didn’t work for me either. I searched for the article on the site.

I’d go just for those crappy cheesy cracker things.
Addictive.
But yes, the rings are insane.

No kidding, WTF is up with those crackers. Like crack. I’m on it! Crackers are whackers!

I fucking love those things. WE missed Clearwater last year and went to Ft. Meyers instead. Hoping to go back this summer.

We visited our daughter who lives in Orlando last December. We flew into Tampa just so we could go to Berns. Great experience. The decore at the place reminded me of Buca di Beppo. Food was great and the prices were low compared to Seattle. We pay $155 for a steak for two and sides. Berns price for the same thing $93. Way less.
Service top notch. Loved the desert room upstairs. We are going back again later this year in December.