2019 scarecrow release protocol

Got my email today for the March 3rd wave. Curious which wave this is, and curious what the price will be this year. (Was $450 last year). I’m gonna say $500.

Mine is Feb 24.
5 is a good guess.

From my letter.

A printed invitation will be sent next month with more offer details for your February 24th release date.

We respectfully remind you that declining to purchase the wine during your prescribed time frame will shift your position to the end of our waiting list, allowing others the opportunity to purchase. As always, the wine is offered on a first come, first served basis; there are no allocations.

We are, like many, saddened at the loss of our 2020 vintage to smoke taint, however we look forward to the release of our most excellent 2021 vintage in 2024.

With appreciation,

MIMI DEBLASIO, BRET LOPEZ and COCO LOPEZ-ANAGNOSTAKIS

I just received an email for the March 10th release date. This will be my first year off the waitlist. How does Scarecrow handle its release? Should i expect any bottles to remain by March 10th? Thanks in advance!

March 3rd here

March 10th for my first year off the waitlist.

WA score of 100 and shows release price of $500

No email yet :frowning: [beg.gif]

Looks like we have our dates for the 3 waves.

Will be interested to see mags and double mags offered, unfortunately not being in the first wave I probably have zero chance for a big bottle.

Looking for 1 bottle

Just got my email today for March 10. First time for me off the waitlist.

My first couple of years I actually ordered at midnight. [cheers.gif]

2 Likes

From the thread from last year’s release looks like Wave 3 became Wish List only :frowning:

When did you sign up?

Feb 24 for me too. Last years allocation was bumped to 6 bottles for me. I wonder if they’ll go back down to 3. My wallet certainly wouldn’t mind!

Do we have any scores or reviews for this years release? I saw WA 100 pts above but I don’t know if that’s speculation or the true score.

Mar 10 for me, this is my first year off the waitlist!!

Since wait times come up often, I joined the waitlist Feb 2019. Further, since it is always speculated as to if it matters, I took my allocation of M. Etain in 2019 and 2020, but declined the 2021 release last fall.

AG 99 I think

I was in last year’s Wave 3 release and was really bummed that the release became WL only. However, they did say that the WL would count as a purchase (regardless or not if was granted), and that moved me up to Wave 2 this year. Hoping they don’t surpass $500, or else I may have to drop off.

1 Like

With shipping and tax it’s an extra $50 a bottle, roughly. So if $500, then likely $1,650 for a 3 pack shipped. Can’t even fathom the mag or 3.0L

March 3rd release. Was waitlisted last year and had my wish granted. Will definitely buy a 3-pack, hope it stays at $450 but expecting $500

Not sure why someone would speculate about a wine score so assuming you don’t have access to robertparker.com. The score is 100 and the release price is listed as $500.