TN: 2002 Domaine Trimbach Cuvée Frédéric Emile Riesling

2002 Domaine Trimbach Cuvée Frédéric Emile Riesling

Lunch with fresh home-baked quiche Lorraine.

Just the slightest glisten on the deeper gold-tinted visual. Dialed down smell, but still with the burnt matchsticks and fuel. There’s still the tell-tale CFE rock-mineral and acidity infused with the stern fruitiness, but I think that overall, it has become gentler than the admirable intensity from same lot bottles drank in prior years. While still a fun drink and a great match with our dish, this at-release purchase has gone, imo, as far as it can go after the many years of high satisfaction provided by its brethren. I may likely accelerate winding down on my remainders. B+

87239263-E5D5-413D-900F-7885B1468CF1.jpeg

2 Likes

deadhorse I had my last bottle of 2001 last week and it was very advanced. I’m pretty sure it was a bottle issue, but it’s a sad way to end 20 years of pleasure

Can you tell me if the Sharks ever won the Stanley Cup?

Nope

I’ve had my woes with 2001 where 90% of my 375s were oxidized. Thankfully so far, my 750s are in fine form of which a bottle drank last year on its 20th was so CFE good.

I’ve also had horrible luck with 375 ml bottles from Trimbach . In 750 I think I had one quite oxidized '01 regular CFE and one slightly advanced, but 10+ bottles were great. No premox in a few bottles of 375eme (it’s really confusing to have a 375 anniversary bottle) or VT.