Two Beaut Bojo's

2020 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernières Les Impenitents: Perfectly ripe. Luscious and succulent, dense but light on its feet. Aromatically demure to begin with but explodes with air. Loaded with raspberries and black cherry. Delightful floral nuance and excellent underlying minerally structure. Fabulous length.

2020 Louis Claude Desvignes Morgon Javernières Aux Pierres: Dense and compact. Purple flowers and purple fruit. Has flesh and granite like structure. Lovely balance. Breathes up beautifully in the glass. So much material here upon which to age.

4 Likes

Thanks for the notes, Great producer!

Agreed, fantastic producer, on the very short list of those I’m still buying.

A bunch of new bottlings here in 2020 — have some on order, but haven’t tried one yet.

sounds Desvignes.

Yeah. Given the ripeness Desvignes may be my only Bojo purchase in 2020. We will see. I need to try the Coudert Tardives and maybe reacquaint myself with Jean Paul Brun’s wines. Or it might be a good year to just pass again like 18s and most 17s.

1 Like

Mostly agreed, although I had many good 17s, with Thivin being a standout. ‘18 and ‘15 OTOH, not so much. These are positive notes but I’ll want to try a few ‘20s before really buying anything, and I don’t expect to buy much.

1 Like