2015 Chave for $315 in St Pete, Fl

At Mazzaro’s Italian Market with mixed case discount. Beer counts in mixed case. They had 4 on the shelf when I was there. May have more in storage since shelf space only holds 4 bottles. They don’t ship.

I would guess this is at least $100 less than any other place.

Wow, is it that expensive now? Makes my single bottle at 150€ feel like quite a bargain.

1 Like

That is a good price according to wine searcher. Most places are at $500. I remember paying $200 not too long ago.

Hopefully someone here can take advantage of it.

I am sure someone will. What year did it hit $300 a bottle?

I don’t know. Last vintage I purchased was 2006 for about $130.

We have a local shop that had some 12 for $220 on sale a few years ago.

Didn’t know beer could compete a case. Shop there all the time and didn’t know that!

It’s partly Chave but it’s also 2015…people going nuts about that vintage in the northern Rhône.

I recently purchased a 2013 and a 2014 for just under $250 each. I vaguely remember a much higher price on the 2015 in the same offer.

Nice! Where?

I will be at Mazzaro’s on Wednesday. I stop in there every time I travel to St. Pete for work. I always bring home some cheese and some sweet Italian sausage. I usually never pay much attention to their wine selection though. Maybe I will have browse this time.

Their Italian wine selection is outstanding. I got the full line up of 2016 Burlotto there.

Gordon’s in Boston. It was an email offer which was billed after a few-month delay. I’d be surprised if they had any left, but it never hurts to ask.

1 Like

In '03, it basically doubled–from about $120 to $240.

I believe I picked up the '95-'98 for about $60-$80, and the '99-'01 for about $120. When the '03 was given 100 points by Parker, it was suddenly a $240+ wine and really hasn’t ever come back down to earth since then.

Damm those Parker scores!!!

I think the Somm 2 movie raving about Chave probably did a lot to increase prices for that producer.