Featuring Some Champagne Producers--Live Zoom + Tasting

Wasn’t sure how to best title this but for those who remember Spring 2020, we did a bunch of Champagne Zooms with some select producers. They came on and tasted, we talked with them and I really enjoyed meeting these folks, bringing them live to the community here. For a reminder of who we featured, you can check out this link:

I have an interest in doing some more of these…how many depends on your interest. I need to be able to pitch to the producer(s) that we have a large enough audience for them to meet. I’d want to see us get 30-50 people on for the Zoom. I’d make sure there was enough notice, and like the others we did in 2020, we have to do these on a Saturday at Noon ET, which makes it 6PM in Champagne. In 2020, we learned this time is a suitable compromise for everyone.

My pursuit would be to get at least one to two new faces, such as Aurelien Laherte (Laherte Freres) and also Arthur Larmandier (Larmandier-Bernier). And, perhaps we reprise a few such as Dominique Moreau (Marie Courtin) and some others. I’ve yet to check with these folks but I have an intuition they will support the idea and come on with us.

So, I need from you is this: will you make the time to attend one of these grower Champagne sessions on a Saturday, presumably in February or March, at Noon ET? Duration would be about 60-75 mins, with the invitation to come open a bottle of the producer’s wine and taste along with us.

Please simply post if you will support my idea here and with enough support, I will go chase down some cool faces to Zoom with us.

Thank you everyone.

2 Likes

Count me in. But I really can’t drink more than half a bottle of Champagne with breakfast.

1 Like

L-B would be sweet! These were fun events. Would love to see them become a semi-regular thing.

Absolutely! These were wonderful in 20 and I’d love more of them

I’ll be there…gives me an excuse to do some day drinking in February or March.

Thank you guys, appreciate the vote of support. If you are reading this thread and want to see the idea come to life again, I need to see support posted.

To the point Chris J made in his post, maybe tongue in cheek but I also see it as very relevant to, I know this is early to drink but if you can swing it, for a couple Saturdays, even if you limit yourself to one glass, it will connect you to the topic and the producer. I do know that in 2020 we had folks come on to Zoom with us and they didn’t drink during the event so whatever makes it work for you, please do that.

Absolutely in, especially for Aurelien Laherte

Count me in! Laherte Freres and Larmandier-Bernier are two of my favourite growers, so it’d be awesome to hear from either of them.

1 Like

These are 2 of my favorites too. I can’t promise anything but I will try like hell if we get enough support here.

1 Like

I’d be in. Especially with some of the names you dropped.

Would be awesome. Either way, I’m up for the Zoom even if either/both of them chose not to participate. Thank you for taking the initiative to coordinate this

Mostly tongue in cheek, but I’ll do my best to bravely muscle down a glass. And that way, a bottle is already open for lunch! champagne.gif

I’m in Frank! The series you did in 2020 was awesome!

Cheers,

Hal

Yay Frank! This sounds fabulous. Since 2020, I’ve been able to try more of the growers that you had introduced to us. Collectively a great group, learned a lot from the very cordial conversation a la champagniose.

Would absolutely love this!

I’m in

In. Sounds fun

I’m in as well. I love champagne and always want to learn more, or find someone new. champagne.gif

Fantastic! Was wondering if we’d ever get to do some of these again. Definitely in.

To get ahead of things, since it would seem to me that there is true interest here, I have reached out tonight to both Aurelien and Arthur. I will see what they have to say.

But please, keep posting and affirm you have interest here. I want to make sure that the community here will rally for these Zooms if I am going to take a run at putting them on.