Stereophonic Newly Released Napa Cab & Paso Malbec

Berserker Day for me personally has been about finding producers that still may be a bit off the radar. Last year’s Berserker Day I had the pleasure of finding Stereophonic Wines. Jason’s wines captured my attention.

He has two new releases and asked if he provided samples, could I give them a taste and provide notes to my fellow Berserkers.

Here they are.

Untrue, 2019 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, Diamond Mountain, Mader Vineyard.

Dark maroon opaque color. Tobacco - berry nose. Wow from the first sip with black cherry, pepper, earth, a kiss of oak and leather. Classic Napa cab. Day two stays true to day one with even more of the leather and black cherry notes emerging. Long, moderately tannic finish. 14.2% alc. Drink or hold. A Cab lovers dream even at this young age. 94 pts.

Where the Corn Don’t Grow 2019 Malbec, Paso Robles.

Dark, nearly opaque purple color. Berry - earth nose. Opens almost immediately with bright, rich red and black fruits, vanilla, licorice and a touch of white pepper. Day two morphs into entirely black fruited with big, spicy anise notes. Silky finish. Drinks like a quality Paso wine. All in balance. 14.9% alc. Drink or hold. 92 pts.

[cheers.gif]

9 Likes

I’m getting some this year!

2 Likes

Thanks Michael! Since I will be offering these wines for the first time, I appreciate you providing some notes so folks know what they’re getting.

Adam, I’m looking forward to getting some of your wines this year too!
I realize you are selling out quicker and quicker but will definitely reserve some $ for Sabelli-Frisch. [berserker.gif]

1 Like

Thanks for the notes - gotta add these to my BD list (hopefully they will be on offer)!

1 Like

Had this today wit Flannery hangers. Needed 2.5 hrs to strut its stuff, ideally needs 8-10 yrs in the sideways penitentiary, but will be a good wine with time. Kudos! Glad I have 5 more doing time!

1 Like

Thanks for checking in on it! It’s really a wine that screams for air and keeps putting on weight the longer it’s open. Day 3 is where it really delivers that Diamond Mountain soil, mineral and perfumed fruit. Salute for taking one for the team [cheers.gif]

1 Like

Where the Corn Don’t Grow 2019 Malbec, Paso Robles