Grand cru vs monopole cru

What are the main differences between berserker grand cru status and monopole cru?

Exclusive offers that come up every few weeks and Berserker Day special offers. And a special forum where Todd live streams his daily hot yoga sessions.

2 Likes

Monopole Cru gets you all the benefits of Grand Cru plus:
Access to a Monopole Cru exclusive forum
Several MC exclusive offers from producers throughout the year (and apparently during Berserker Day as well)
Chance to become a taster/previewer for BerserkerDay or NewbiePalooza newbies

I keep saying this over and over again, but I get way more than $100 of value out of Wine Berserkers without any of the deals and perks. I love this community and the knowledge shared. That alone is worth the $100 for Monopole Cru to me. The way I see it, I already spend that amount of money, or more, on other wine publications, and the information shared here is often just as valuable to me.

1 Like

Monopole Cru gets you all the benefits of Grand Cru plus:
-Access to a Monopole Cru exclusive forum
-Several MC exclusive offers from producers throughout the year (including during Berserker Day)
-Chance to become a taster/previewer for newbies participating in BerserkerDay or NewbiePalooza.
-And a few other perks Todd sprinkles in here and there (like the aforementioned live stream yoga sessions)

I keep saying this over and over again, but I get way more than $100 of value out of Wine Berserkers without any of the deals and perks. I love this community and the knowledge shared. That alone is worth the $100 for Monopole Cru to me. The way I see it, I already spend that amount of money, or more, on other wine publications, and the information shared on this forum and the community it fosters is often just as valuable to me. And I get to do my small part in supporting the continuation of this awesome community.

4 Likes

I feel like we need a thread about which Monopole Crü members should be downgraded to Grand Crü.

11 Likes

snorted wine, dammit!

3 Likes

You must be at a very different tier of Monopole Cru than I am.

I figured if I said few months, people would say it’s more often than that. I guess it’s every couple of months, but it varies.

You have been silently downgraded without notice. Todd put in a provision allowing that. Check the fine print.

This is how I look at it too. The special deals are nice, but they aren’t the reason I upgraded (and in fact I don’t think I’ve ever bought one). I just think I get enough value out of this community that it’s well worth supporting at the higher tier.

You have it backward. Which Grand Cru members should be eligible for upgrade to Monopole Cru status. Can you really tell the difference in reading posts which member blind is a Grand Cru or Monopole Cru… [rofl.gif]

It isn’t the $75 extra that concerns me, but all the additional can’t turn it down offers.
Sale today only $67.97.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3178711#p3178711

Those leopard print yoga pants were hot. champagne.gif

1 Like

Refreshing this thread rather than creating another one - GCC and MC members check your PMs as I just sent you a Berserker discount code for Wine Advocate subscriptions, courtesy of William Kelley

1 Like

You, @ToddFrench, are a legend.

Checking to see if it works for renewals or just new subscribers and will update the PM accordingly once I hear

1 Like

Exactly! Which Grand Cru members are underappreciated and are underpriced relative to their quality, and the ITB politics that prevent their upgrade.

You guys, that’s hilarious. Well done.

So it’s like Only Fans? And for only $100?