TN:2019 Pierre-Yves Colin-Morey Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Chenevottes

Plenty of wood spice mixing it up with dense, sappy orchard fruits. It is rich and powerful and almost a bit Batard-like. There’s a graphite note behind the fruit and a finish that has chalky dry extract and great authority and length.

1 Like

I love this one. Sounds like an excellent wine. I don’t own it but will be on the lookout.

Have something of a vertical of these, stretching back to '14. I haven’t opened a '19 yet; so nice to read and of course well-described as usual. Baby batard sounds promising.

Sadly don’t have this particular CM 1er from PYCM. How do you compare Chenevottes to Maltroie or Abbaye de Morgeot?

Thanks for taking one for the team. I’m getting my PYCM allocation on Wednesday

I’ve gone through 8 bottles of a case of the 14…I can’t stop drinking them…SO good! Definitely a 20yr wine imo.

Hi Andrew,

I love his Chenevottes, in fact I love most of his wines. Haven’t had enough experience with the Maltroie or Abbaye (having only had a couple of vintages of each before) to comment with any real authority.

Cheers
Jeremy

Glad to have a couple of these in the cellar.

The 2020 of this is especially promising!

You’re right, but unfiortunately I drank my 2:). I also really like the St. Aubin La Pucelle in that vintage. Those also gone!