TN: 2007 Rhys PN Skyline Vineyard

Have a good amount of “older” Rhys, even a couple of old Alesia that predate the Rhys releases. It is time to start drinking them more frequently. (May be too late for some.) The 2007 Skyline is a rich red. I popped it, decanted for cork debris and immediately poured. Nose of cherry, light raspberry. First taste was quite tight; nervy came to mind. Full in the mouth but finish was taut. But it soon opened up some more added some earth and is now a wonderful bottle. Added some interesting herbs with the cherry taste and the finish is now wonderful. Will pair with grilled salmon in a little while. I bought pretty actively in the early years of the winery, less so more recently imply because I have still have a good amount. But this bottle was representative of the majority of my experiences with Rhys / Alesia. They provided great service from the beginning and interesting wines that continue to evolve as well as pair wonderfully with food.

P.S. - If COVID settles down, would love to reconnect with some of the Atlanta crew for a chance to taste through some Rhys wines. It would be great to reconnect.

• edited title
3 Likes

Sounds great.