Zorb. Kind of cool—oxygen scavenger.

no affiliation but I’ve talked to the maker—same group that does Pungo. Looks pretty cool to me.

Probably going to order one.

1 Like

Looks like you can use the generic oxygen absorber packets that Amazon sells? I never got Repour to work to my satisfaction presumably due to either fit or freshness (plus I am pretty sensitive to oxidation). Looks like a good idea potentially.

dunno any more than the site tells me.

Wonder if it’s the same or related materials to rePour. At least this seems less wasteful.

I can believe a device like this could absorb oxygen in the head space, but anyone who has read my thread on slow-ox and diffusion will understand that you’re not extracting the oxygen that’s already absorbed into the wine. If you’re just trying to preserver your partially poured bottle for a day or two, I think all these types of devices are just snake oil.

1 Like

We don’t really understand the concept of leftover wine.

6 Likes

Can you link to that thread?

Modesty would normally prevent me from doing so, but just this once :wink:

1 Like

Looks really interesting! And I’m a sucker for new wine gadgets, ha!

It does give me pause though that this was developed by the Pungo team. Some of the past threads around their customer service, and in particular, their response to users who had some pretty scary/dangerous issues with the Pungo really turn me off from wanting to purchase any of their products.

Doing tests on this now. I have used the Pungo for my tastings and commercial customers. I have gotten excellent customer service from Burt at Pungo. Super nice guy and very detail oriented. Sometimes you may need to budget some time if you call in…

2 Likes

Burt is great. I love my Pungo. And his responsiveness.

1 Like

The eco-friendly repour.

As i mentioned above, the negative stories that ive heard about the pungo and their customer service are enough to scare me away from purchasing their products. Check out Kevin Patrick’s story towards the end of this thread. Pretty rough :frowning:

Hi Andrew,
I 'm quite interested in your tests results. Wondering if the theory of ox-extraction is really working. Can you share your results?
Or is there anyone else who also can share their results?
I have read so many interesting theories and discussions, resulting I want to rely on statistical test results. From my side, I 'm testing bottle - by - botlle results based on argon-based systems.