TN: 2019 Albert Grivault Meursault 1er Cru Clos des Perrières

• 2019 Albert Grivault Meursault 1er Cru Clos des Perrières - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Meursault 1er Cru (1/8/2022)
    Crystalline light gold in color. The nose is shy. Slightly reduced. The palate is loaded with vibrant golden fruit and minerals. The finish expands in the mouth and persists. Full palate presence. Beautiful texture and balance of fruit to acid. This is a wine that will pay off with complexity with aging to me. Everything is there for an absolutely great Clos des Perrieres. Wow.

Posted from CellarTracker

I wanted to wait to make sure I wasn’t overreacting to this wine but I had it again double blind with friends last night. Decanted this time 2 hrs. This note above is perfect to describe my experience last night except that there developed a finishing shower of mineral notes with decanting. Extraordinary. A group of 8 pretty sophisticated wine lovers all described some element of this mineral shower on the finish. This is A+ Clos des Perrieres. I am so excited to have some of these wines. A house that is back on their game. Thanks Chet for the heads up.

5 Likes

Have they solved their pox issues? They were one of the worst offenders.

To be determined but this one starts out a little reduced and the closure seems pretty good. Not diam however.

Hi Don,

I was distressed when you informed me that you had encountered a bunch of badly stored and or effected bottles.
I remember offering to send you some good ones from my cellar.
I fully agree on the stunning quality of the 19 Clos.
The huge turnaround here was 17. And 18 Clos de Perrieres are the only 18’s I’ve purchased.
Of course these will all require lots of time to reach peak drinkability, but that’s full circle to the recent thread white burgundy 15 years on……

Stay well.

1 Like

What memories this wine brings. My first Meursault that I tasted, before premox reared it’s head.

Barry-

If you’ve ever been lucky enough to have encountered perhaps iMHO the all time reference standard Perrieres, the 79 Clos de Perrieres at its peak beginning in the mid 90’s, you’d be and hope you have experienced the heights and pleasure from that bottle.
Bize Leroy’s source for Perrieres in case anyone’s counting.

1 Like

Thanks Don. Have 2 en route but decided to pick up a solid case based on this review.

1 Like

AG are on good form - but I would usually wait at least 5 years before popping a cork (hopefully a good one) as their wines are often marked by plenty of oak…